Breast meat only?

s4sugar

Visit site
Was at the wholesaler's yesterday and they had a food firm's rep trying to sell a brand. First selling line was it is hypoallergnic, next was - we only use turkey breast meat, no offal, feathers, heads.
I looked at the pack and the first ingredient was "Turkey Meat meal" so I asked why she said turkey breast and wasn't it rather unethical to use the premium bit for animal food when plenty of the rest of the turkey is excellent nutritionally? Basically rearing turkeys to feed dogs.
I then got a lot of waffle about other firms will use the rest but it is not in their products. I then told her what "turkey meat meal" was and she had the front to say it did have some bone in it!

Sorry but that brand, and their more expensive sister brand is off my list until they train their staff better (And until they stop saying a food with a high percentage of barley is hypoallergenic)

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Yep, why muck up a perfectly good bird by adding all that other rubbish :p
Strangely, I gave him a block of turkey mince from Natural Choice last night, when I went out this morning in daylight I saw he had left it untouched.

lexiedhb

Visit site
How odd.......... then again there are a "breed" of dog owners who i can hear saying "my darling cutsie wootsie only eats breast meat, I wouldnt feed my little princess anything else"

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
In this house breast meat is for hoomans, dogs eat frames, wings, legs and necks.

Our butcher gives us sackfuls of the latter every Christmas for only a token amount, crowns and butterflied breasts sell better than whole turkeys, there's a lot of wastage.

Lots of good meat on 'em!

318151_3615572865848_500571607_n.jpg