Breastplate and martingale attachment

london30

Visit site
Please can you tell me why it is so impossible for me to sell my hunting breastplate on eBay? It is English black leather, full size, in good condition with running martingale attachment, cost over £65 but no one is interested. Is £35 too much to ask for it as I've advertised it several times and no one has bid on it?!?!?!?

Weezy

Visit site
I cannot sell my absolutely beautiful Ideal close contact saddle (its based on a Butet and isnt even on general sale!) for half of what I bought it for on eBay
mad.gif
Cost me £1200, didnt even have any bids at £500!!!!!!!!!!

horsegirl

Visit site
Start it lower and put a reserve on it. You will find that people will bid things up higher if they have a lower starting price. I guess because the lower price gets them interested and then it is "only another couple of pounds" so they keep bidding. I have listed things at £5 no bids listed at 99p and the item has been bid up to well over the £5.

People are strange!

Tempi

Visit site
snap - i cant sell my gorgeous WH Black Show saddle on there, its only been used once!! Cost me £850 new, and i was only asking £300 starting bid, not one single bid..........

djb

Visit site
For saddles I think you need to put a very low starting bid on and put a reserve on. I advertised an Albion Selecta which was in excellent condition - it didn't sell. I put a reserve on it and a low starting price and it ended up quite a bit above the reserve.
I think a low starting price encourages people to have a bid.