Breasts the size of footballs!

05jackd

Visit site
There must be others out there that compete and are overly well endowed like me?

How do you cope?
I have 36H breasts on a size 12 body and despite trying many sports bras they still seem to move. Recently tried a super high impact from M &S and had to get off as it allowed so much movement I was actually in pain.

I ride up to 50 miles a week as well as schooling. So need something that is really going to control them in all paces.

What do you use?? What’s the secret?

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Proper bespoke riding corset is a game changer - not cheap but worth every penny as it has been the secret to keeping me in the saddle with all my shoulder problems as boobs have not been dragging me forwards/ rounding shoulders & collapsing my neck -they are very different to normal corsets & only made by Prior Attire

Attachments

• 952C6095-6A43-42C0-8482-3E10FB5FD3BD.jpeg
    952C6095-6A43-42C0-8482-3E10FB5FD3BD.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 220

teddypops

Visit site
I’m 34g and I just wear normal underwired bras. My favourites were the Katie Price t shirt bras but they aren’t around anymore, I now use panache and some of the Debenhams ones are good too.

05jackd

Visit site
Proper bespoke riding corset is a game changer - not cheap but worth every penny as it has been the secret to keeping me in the saddle with all my shoulder problems as boobs have not been dragging me forwards/ rounding shoulders & collapsing my neck -they are very different to normal corsets & only made by Prior Attire

Really interesting- never heard of these? Are they comfortable for long hacks? Do they rub?

05jackd

Visit site
Seems like a lot of votes for panache. I would like to get measured again but being out in the sticks it’s at least a 4 hour round trip so will need to combine it with heading into the city for something.

conniegirl

Visit site
Talk to bravissimo, if you are a size 12 then it is extremely unlikely that a 36 back is correct for you and as 80% of the support from a bra comes from the band that will not be helping.
As an example i’m a size 16, and currently a 34I, i ride in a flexi wired nursing bra at the moment but for faster work i ride in a bravissimo sports bra

ecb89

Visit site
Grab a tape measure and do it yourself. Most importantly, when measuring your underbust do not add any inches. If the tape measure says 32 then you’re a 32.

05jackd

Visit site
Grab a tape measure and do it yourself. Most importantly, when measuring your underbust do not add any inches. If the tape measure says 32 then you’re a 32.

This is interesting. Boobydoo have an online size finder and I put my inch measurements in as 36 and they generated it as a 38 band which I thought was odd.

teddypops

Visit site
Really? I measure 29” but a I definitely need a 32 or 34 band depending on the make. I might have to remeasure!

Last edited:

HuskyFluff

Visit site
Enell - if you don't mind everything being strapped down! I've tried most options and it's the only one I ever felt really comfortable running or riding in..

LegOn

Visit site
I'm 34G and I highly recommend the Freya sonic moulded sports bra - otherwise I used to wear the Freya underwire sports bra with the Shock Absorber over it! Or sometimes a normal bra with a non-underwired sports bra can do the job! Back protector also another way of keeping them in place but very bulky for everyday riding - I only wear mine XC!

Last edited:

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits - changed my life. The best calculator on the web, I can now fit myself WAY better than Rigby & Peller did years ago, and better than Bravissimo can now. Use the calculator, find the sports bra guide in the Wiki, and go from there!

M&S bras tend to be wide and shallow, so if you have more "Projected" boobs that hang further away from the body if you lean forwards then you'll get shifting around of wires and band, too much compression etc and you end up in the wrong size to try and compensate. You may find you're a smaller band and larger cup than they've fitted for you. I take a 34E in M&S as one of their (now discontinued grrr) sports bras as the band runs super tight but wear 30FF/32F in all other brands. When they sized me into everyday bras they put me in a 36B!!

sbloom

Seems like a lot of votes for panache. I would like to get measured again but being out in the sticks it’s at least a 4 hour round trip so will need to combine it with heading into the city for something.

Doesn't fit me at all, it depends on your shape which even most fitters can't help you with sadly.

Really? I measure 29” but a I definitely need a 32 or 34 band depending on the make. I might have to remeasure!

See the reddit link above, you should probably be in a 30" but everyone's different, comfort is everything but that usually comes from a stable band, I'd bet yours rides a little up above the horizontal. However many sports bras run really tight in the band to make up for that, I size up 1-2 band sizes in most sports bras. The crucial measurement is the stretched band measurement, which is after all how you wear it. If it's much more than 30" stretched then it can't be firm on you.

ecb89

Visit site
You should probably be in a 30. A brand new bra should be a firm fit on the loosest hook. You should just be able to pull it away from your skin. The back band should be level, if it’s riding up then your band is too big.

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Really interesting- never heard of these? Are they comfortable for long hacks? Do they rub?
Really popular in the side saddle world where they are used for hours of sitting trot , I’ve worn mine for years out hunting while I tacked up, rode four hours then sorted horse before taking off and always ok , lacing up the back of the corseted waistcoat means you fine tune the fit to what Prior Attire refer to as a hug, no tighter!

Kat

Visit site
I wear a Freya underwired sports bra. It is important that you get a band size that is really really snug on the last hook so you can tighten it as it beds in.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I just wear 2! Best combo Ive found is the 2 pack m&s wired sports bras that i wear crossed over at the back and a non wired front zip one over the top! Does me for all kinds of riding and running as well.

hock

Visit site
Panache - I hated
Shock absorber high impact - I use currently
Enell - I hated
So my current set up is a shock absorber high impact bra with a Nike sports bra top over the top. It’s not great and I keep looking and I’ve spent so much money so if anyone finds a genuine changer I’d be all over it. I think I need to replace my shock absorber bras as they don’t seem as supportive as they were, I buy them off eBay for about £25 each. I machine wash and then stick them in the dryer which I’m told it a bigger no no but short in time.

sbloom

It’s not great and I keep looking and I’ve spent so much money so if anyone finds a genuine changer I’d be all over it. ... I machine wash and then stick them in the dryer which I’m told it a bigger no no but short in time.

Do check your size (and shape, super important) at the reddit link I posted above, honestly, it's a game changer for most people. I have a washing up bowl in my bathroom and leave bras to soak until I remember they're there, then rinse and dry, takes 5 minutes but my sports bras do go in the machine. Using the dryer is definitely not a good idea, just have more bras so there's always one dry, only costs more once, it's not like you'll wear them out faster, in fact....

And as a general point to everyone make sure your bras have at least one day off, ideally two, between wears - the elastane lasts much longer if it rests.

Reactions: Kat