Breeding people- Advice Please!

MillionDollar

Visit site
Ok so i have 2 Registered New Forest mares in-foal to Goshka Ringo (WB). So i got a letter today from Weatherbys asking whether i want to register my mares with them. It will cost £67 each, they will have to have blood samples taken, then the foals will have to be microchipped and also have blood taken.
So the question is is it worth it?
And if i don't register the mares who will the foals be able to be registered with?

I'm emailing stud as well to get advice but advice from you lot would be much appreciated, Clairex
grin.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
I am not a breeding person, but my gut instinct would be surely the mares would be worth more registered? AndI would think the foals will prob. be registerable only if the mother is registered?
not sure tho!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I am currently registering some with Weatherby's as ours were all done previously with the damned british datbase which went bust. Chocolate is ging to cost £420 including having to be re vetted, the mares they refuse to register except as pedigree unknown which is ludicrous as their sire and dam are both reg with them already, but they reckon because they don't hold dna or blood for the mare (she's dead) they can't prove their breeding..
My advice is get reg papers now and don't delay once they are born, it's costing me a fortune because I didn't .
(oh and the best bit is I did transfer our old stallion over to Wbs when the database folded, but Chocolate's owner who lives abroad didn't do him, so it's costing is all that money instead of just over £100 at the time)
If you already hve passports as I do (pleasure horse society) they just overstamp them.
We automatically microchip ours now, it saves arguements later..

MillionDollar

Visit site
Thanks, yeh the mares have passports and all their pedigree with the New Forset Society, its just the cost of getting the bloods done!
crazy.gif
Oh well, its already cost me £2,000 for 2 unborn foals, lol, whats a few more hundred quid going to do, lol
crazy.gif
grin.gif

magicgirl

Visit site
If you have passports for them with the New Forest Society I can not see how you can register with Weatherbys, the most they could do is overstamp on the existing passport. You can not hold 2 passports for the same horse.

Tia

Visit site
Ye I have already registered our unborn foals. Costs more with the society I am going with, if you wait till they are born apparently.