Breeding Survey 2010

KarynK

Visit site
For those that missed this earlier in the year, as for some reason it has not been stickied.

I am doing a survey on aspects of breeding and foaling. At the end of the breeding season I will analyse the data and look at the results and comment on interesting trends and points that arise from it.

It does not matter if you have one mare or several the data will help answer questions on things like average gestation, foaling problems, AI success rates, infertility rates, does weather have an effect on conception and foaling, all sorts really.

For all those willing to provide the data please could you email the address below and I will send you a copy of the excel spreadsheet to fill in which you can send back at the end of the breeding season or when all your breeding is over for the year.

breedingsurvey@yahoo.co.uk

KarynK

Visit site
Thanks for the support people but it appears not to be working and this is still not stuck! Perhaps too much time scrutinising foal pictures?

S_N

Visit site
It should definitely be a sticky!

Can I ask though, I take it this is for the Competition Horse world, not Racing? Obviously the AI questions wouldn't apply to Racing, but I would have thought that Bloodstock stats would sway things?

KarynK

Visit site
Thanks S_N, was trying to avoid collecting anything TB for racing breeding (not because I don't like them, I do) but because everyone quotes averages on TB statistics so was looking to see the difference between those bred for racing and those bred for sport or leisure and if there are differences between other breeds and types for a bit of a change or should that be challenge???

Yes no AI technically at the moment, speaking of that anyone heard about the Ozzie court case outcome?

I wonder what it takes to be stickied? I can do all sorts of neat tricks but I get bored bumping messages up!!!

S_N

Visit site
I thought that might be the case, no point in me adding to confusion then, as not breeding myself this year.

Have you pm'd Admin with a link to the thread?

dianchi

Visit site
Sorry if this seems a bit dappy but you mean those that are foaling this year or just starting out? Im in the later part but am happy to do the survey if i count!

KarynK

Visit site
Sorry yes if you are starting out this year you can join in, should have explained all barren and maiden mares details can be sent in you just have less to complete than those with foals this year as you only need to fill in the 2010 conception bit, hope that helps.

KarynK

Visit site
Nope nothing as yet, perhaps they don't work weekends? If I can figure out how, I'll send another with a tracker on it just in case it didn't go through!

KarynK

Visit site
Yes it seems that you have to do something naughty to get noticed round here!!! Still unread so giving up!!!!

lindsayH

Visit site
Yes it seems that you have to do something naughty to get noticed round here!!! Still unread so giving up!!!!

Hahaha! Yes, or something REALLY awful like posting a pic of your new foal when it happens to be by your own stallion... Maybe you should try resending it with 'ATTENTION-BLATENT ADVERTISING GOING ON IN BREEDING' in the subject box! That should get it read.

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
hahaha! Yes, or something really awful like posting a pic of your new foal when it happens to be by your own stallion... Maybe you should try resending it with 'attention-blatent advertising going on in breeding' in the subject box! That should get it read.

lol!!!!!! :d :d :d