Breeding...

ihatework

Visit site
Don't really know any by the first 2, have seen a few by Ricardo Z, nice athletic types but not for novice
wink.gif

I would certainly consider a RZ

The Voice

Visit site
Lux Z. Was a very good horse ridden by Jerry Smit of Italy. Good breed lineage and there are some good offspring of his around, of which I have seen some nice foals/youngsters a few years ago. Go onto www.zangersheide.com for more info.

druid

Visit site
Lol, have done all the websites and talking to people I know about them...just interested in "personal" opinions and relatiosn, really!

The Voice

Visit site
depends on the mare and what you want to do, but I like Lux Z and throws nice looking foals. Is liked abroad which is a good recomendation. Used to speak to someone who groomed a bit for Jerry Smit and they liked Lux Z and said he has thrown some good foals, and grooms are normally honest in opionions!!

druid

Visit site
ID mares, both lighter competition types - one Cruising/Blue Peter lines and one Sea Crest/Silver Granite...

The Voice

Visit site
If I had ID mares and wanted a competition horse, I would look at something that was not quite so heavy boned (that's just my personal taste). Using true holstein bloodlines and the right stallion would be my personal choice as they would hopefully narrow the odds to produce something lighter. There are good horses that are ID/Holstein which is like a modern ID/TB

druid

Visit site
Ah...but they're NOT heavy mares. Foal needs to be IHB registerable as ISH which means an approved foreign stallion if we go foreign (Hence Lux/Ricardo)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
With that bloodline (Seacrest is Cruising's Sire) you need to choose a stallion with a very calm temperament, as we have discovered too much Tb produces fizzy sorts. We've gone down the crossing them with French and Belgian lines and up to now they are proving what people wish to buy.
If you go back through the irish bloodline, there are lots of instances of introducing TB but still calling the offspring ID...
We went and met Knock Boy sire of Seacrest before he died, fabulous horse, 16.2hh dapple grey with lovely temperament and very straight paces.

seaofdreams

Visit site
i have a sea crest mare and i think if i was to put her to something it would be a warmblood type or an ISH with king of dimonds lines, personally i would never use a Z horse as everyone i have met has a stop (at a showjump) in it and it has put me off, i
have just put my coloured ISH (Rimilis ish tb lines) to a warmblood she was a very sharp mare so had to put her to somthing calm, were as my Sea Crest mare is very very calm already so could proberbly go for somthing sharper.

Fiona

Visit site
Saw a GORGEOUS Captain CLover 3yo in the loose jumping at RDS yesterday. If its the one I'm thinking of, it had a truely exceptional jump, was 2nd I think.
Fiona

The Voice

Visit site
"personally i would never use a Z horse as everyone i have met has a stop (at a showjump) in it and it has put me off,"

That is most probably down to the riding as if you had been at Addington yesterday for the young horse championships and seen the horses and listen to the breeding, see the results from across the world and considering they use ALL different breds including Irish that are included into the studbook you would most probably agree that that statement is utter rubbish.

Druid - Lux is a great horse, and the offspring are reconized and sought after. Good luck in your choice.

Niamhy

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Saw a GORGEOUS Captain CLover 3yo in the loose jumping at RDS yesterday. If its the one I'm thinking of, it had a truely exceptional jump, was 2nd I think.
Fiona

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww Fiona we saw that too!! Where were you standing? Surely he won though? He got 58?