Breitlingh shows more improvement!

Four Seasons

Visit site
Well, Breitlingh and me.....

Breitlingh went to bootcamp for a month and a half. This was because she was so hysterical about any movements you would make with your hands. She would literally jump 2 meters in the air or jump through a hedge...:rolleyes:

We have had intense training together. I have been working on my position and my very naughty hands, whom used to lead their own life 2 months ago. I was seriously thinking of chopping my left hand off and buying a "new" one in Russia or something. At least a hand that doesn't make a fist all the time or holds the left rein tightly. My trainer luckily smacked the annoying habbit out of my hands. I now just keep remembering that hands that are more forward and higher, are friendlier for Breitlingh. And if I don't remember, Breitlingh will make me. Gotta love a hot, sensitive, non-forgiving mare.

Today in the lesson, we started off with shoulder-in's and travers, to get her mind focussed and loosen her up. Once in trot, she felt fantastic. But whoopydoo, she was scared of something outside the arena. So everytime we went past the open door, she would really tense up. Making me tense up, knowing she was going to shoot off. Which mean I was holding back, making Breitlingh reaction even worse. My trainer stamped into me that if I give my hands away just a bit, she doesn't get the shock of me pulling and she will have to find her way out of the reaction herself. Guess what... no more stupid jump ups. Doh.:rolleyes:

Her canter has improved greatly! She used to be out of control, head up in the air and nothing could stop her. Only her transitions are a bit bumpy, but not as much as they were (*remembers flying to the otherside of the arena, just because I asked for a canter*).

So here are the vids. Will upload one which shows you what I do when she tenses up.

[video=youtube;dH37z8MdYSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH37z8MdYSs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;p91oLwzU85g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91oLwzU85g&feature=youtu.be[/video]