bridle for sensitive poll and ears - cutaway design?

mandwhy

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a bridle that is not vastly expensive with either a comfort headpiece or even better the type that is cut away round the ears?

Up to about 100 quid would be doable. I have seen a couple of the Jefferies IR for about 150 which is a bit tempting! We do have size issues though, I think ideally we need full-Xfull noseband and browband/ear area, with cob-full size cheekpieces but can just about get away with full :)

Havana colour please, have seen a few dressagey ones (there is a nice mark Todd one) but only in black :-(

Baileybones

Visit site
Kate Negus bridles are fab and you can mix and match so my TB can have a mixture of cob and full size pieces to suit her head.
The padded headpiece is lovely and soft and the noseband threads over the top as a comfort headpiece.

zoon

Visit site
Evison do an exact copy of the Jeffries ir - it's less than £90. I have one that's about 5 years old and its wonderful, still looks new. Bought a different noseband for it recently and leather was a little stiff, but a little effax and its great. You can mix and match parts - the woman is very very helpful

mandwhy

Visit site
Thanks Baileybones they do look super nice I had not thought of them in my search! A little out of my price range but Mayne I can keep my eye out for second hand!

Ooh Zoon that sounds good! I have heard Evison are quite good for size mixing too, will have a look!

Vanha12

Visit site
I have the 2 Evision bridles, just like the Jeffries but very affordable and very very comfortable. The plain black I got for xc though is much softer over the poll than the one with the white padding I use for dressage. Don't know if that was just luck of the draw - no two batches of leather are the same etc

zoon

Visit site
Went to olympia last year and had a good feel of the bridles on their stand ans they're not as soft as they used to be. My older one was comparable to my albion. The newer one are still good for the price though