Bridle for small, dainty head

boxcarhorse

Visit site
Hi

I'm looking for a bridle for my 16hh Hannoverian, who has a small, dainty (almost show horse) type head. I've just tried a Heritage cob sized bridle and that's too big. Ideally I'd like something with a comfort headpiece that I can use for dressage, but I guess something that's designed for a TB or Arab type head not a 'typical warmblood' bridle that comes up big.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I got a heritage bridle for my tb who had a little head and it looked dreadful! Lovely bridle though!
I settled on a Collegiate as I wanted a good but not too pricey bridle. It's leather was soft and supple and just suited his features being a lightly padded but not at all chunky type.
Sadly he ate it.....

Lolo

Visit site
Al's just bought Smokes (he's a proper pony face he's so little!) a Collegiate bridle and it looks lovely on him :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Both my grey arab and my chestnut mare (who has a teeny head) have Kieffer bridles in Cob size, one has a comfort headpiece the other doesn't.

ETA this is the comfort headpiece one.

carrietwentynine.jpg

TigerTail

Visit site
Have a look at Wolds Exclusive bling on fb - they had a rolled bridle on a comfort headpiece a while back :)

Grinchmass

Visit site
I have a stubben for my mare, although her head is normalish size I don't think she'd suit omen of the thicker chunkier ones.

I can't remember which number stubben it is but it's black with white trim round the brow and nose bands. It's got a comfort head piece, and is relatively fine, the leather is lovely.

Maybe look at the stubben range :)

Ridingondreams

Visit site
I have a Collegiate hunter bridle in cob sized for my Connie X, she's got a very small head and is quite dished, and I think it suits her really well!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
One of my tbs had a little head in that it's short and has a very small muzzle. As I already had a bridle from my other tb, I found adding cob size cheek pieces and noseband worked. His forehead is wide so a cob size browband and possibly headpiece would be too small but mix and match worked for him.