Bridle keepers keep sliding down

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Unfortunately my over sized pony is a blonde bombshell so my light coloured plaiting bands might be obvious on my Havana bridle....I wonder if any of my neighbours will donate some dark coloured ones so they don't have to hack out with an incorrectly attired Ernie. (Last week there was a sudocrem incident and his face markings were quite unusual so it cant get worse than that)

Good question OP.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Apart from plaiting bands as mentioned, get the running loops replaced. When we make bridles we make the running loops as tight as possbile so it's very hard to get the end of the straps through, over time the leather blocks (stretches and moulds) to the shape of the strap that it's holding and is a nice tight snug fit but with use and wear they eventually block too much and slide, comes with the territory of using hide. It stretches, so the only real way of dealing with it is to get a saddler to replace the running loop/s.
Oz

Batgirl

Visit site
Thanks guys! I had tried a plaiting band but they broke, maybe I need more robust ones!

I had pondered on injecting the leather with water but that would require a needle ?