Bridle shopping help

Sprat

Visit site
I’m going to YHL and I’m debating purchasing a new bridle while there.

Bean is currently in a cobbled together bridle with a worlds exclusive bling anatomic headpiece, a collectiongiate drop noseband and assorted cheek pieces etc.

I’d quite like to buy something new and a bit nicer but don’t really know where to start, so any recommendations?

I don’t realistically want to be spending more than £200. The essentials are a similar headpiece and a nice drop noseband as she goes very sweetly in the current set up. But there are so many flipping options I don’t where to start?

Any firm faves that you’d recommend?

Shay

Visit site
The problem with YHL is that your choices are surprisingly limited. You are better off going and see what you like the look / feel of at the time. You can usually get "named" bridles but you'll find them cheaper on line. There is usually a harness maker there with his own stuff which is really quite decent - but I have also seen stuff made from thin imported leather that isn't so nice.

If you buy something with a name always google it first. Last year I didn't buy anything I had actually gone for at the show - everything I checked was cheaper on line. There are good bargains to be had, don't get me wrong. Just not in anything I was actually looking for and I was genuinely surprised to find every single item on my list cheaper on line. Even silly stuff like a bag of feed from the supplier actually on site....

Batgirl

Visit site
For that price, go made to measure :) Paddock Saddlery did me a super English leather to my design bridle that I was over the moon with! Cost less than your budget.

jnb

Visit site
I had a beautiful padded bridle made from Native Pony Bridles on Facebook. Way less than £200 too ( they won't be at YHL though)

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I bought a lovely bridle from English Bridles at Blenheim and I think they are at YHL. You can build your own bridle so it fits perfectly and you get exactly what you want, they are great quality and again much less than your budget.

AFB

Visit site
I wouldn't unless I was 100% on fit - which I thought I was and ended up with a bridle too small that I couldn't return.

Also agree with the above, if you're looking for something specific you'll usually find it cheaper online than YHL - if you're after random tat then you might pick up a bargain!

Dreckly

Visit site
I’m going to YHL and I’m debating purchasing a new bridle while there.

Bean is currently in a cobbled together bridle with a worlds exclusive bling anatomic headpiece, a collectiongiate drop noseband and assorted cheek pieces etc.

I’d quite like to buy something new and a bit nicer but don’t really know where to start, so any recommendations?

I don’t realistically want to be spending more than £200. The essentials are a similar headpiece and a nice drop noseband as she goes very sweetly in the current set up. But there are so many flipping options I don’t where to start?

Any firm faves that you’d recommend?

What size of bridle are you looking for?

Sprat

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I’m glad I asked now! Will probably go for random tat shopping at YHL and look elsewhere for a bridle

Broodle

Visit site
I recently bought a lovely bridle from Henry James Saddlery - you can pick and mix all the parts, and it was well under your budget. Bought fab reins and stirrup leathers from them too.