Bright Silver - stallion

sw123

Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about this horse - he was a grand prix show jumper i'm told and is by Bright Cupid out of a River Peace mare

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/bright+silver4 so nearly all TB.

Can't find anything else about him......seen a really lovely 4yo by him today out of a mare similar to ours.

Anyone know anything as we have the option of some semen of his....

Simsar

Visit site
Am I being thick again? The pedigree is of Bright Silver TB and it sound like a completely different horse to the one you are talking about?? Confused?

sw123

Visit site
Thats the one I was thinking of DaisyCrazy in that thats who i thought the owners of the horse I saw were talking about. Thing is I can find nor have heard anything more than the link you posted.....You'd have thought he'd be an ideal event sire so wondering why we dont hear much?

seabiscuit

Visit site
Well I could be barking up the wrong tree but the pedigree does not scream 'performance horse to me' . With race horse bred thoroughbreds, there are always certain bloodlines that produce the goods eventing and showjumping time and time again. The stallion himself might have performed, but maybe is not necessarily passing on anything to his offspring because the genetics just arent there.Just a thought anyway!
ETS- just read the blurb on the stalion description link above, not sure that I believe all of what they say!!

Last edited:

sw123

Visit site
I would be inclined to agree seabiscuit but with so many people looking for performing TB's you wonder if people have tried him? The lines in his pedigree didnt make anything jump out at me but then i'm always open to ideas and have the opportunity of semen from him. However not just going to down the route "coz its their in the freezer". The little horse i met by him is a 4yo real compact lovely looking type with a lovely attitude and very good jump. Would have been interested to see more than one!!