British dressage team contenders today

Halfstep

Visit site
Looks like the selectors are using CDI Fritzens as a selection trial; many team hopefuls are competing there today. Emma Hindle and Brisbane on at 11.48; Gareth Hughes and Sandman at 12.24; Carl Hester and Uthopia at 3pm, Emile Faurie and Elmsgaarden Marquis at 4.36 and Charlotte Du Jardin and Valegro at 4.45.
All live on clipmyhorse.tv :D:D:D

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
Conservative test, lack of rhythm but for a combination that's been together a matter of months not too shabby at all! Should be exciting to see how they are next year :)

BBH

Visit site
On a seperate not ladies.

Did the lady mentioned last year ever get her money back from that dealer ? Long thread re Dodgy dealer.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I shall watch it back later on clipmyhorse, seems to work better doing it that way.

What are your guesses for the Team then?

I think def Laura, Carl and Charlotte. Probably Fiona aswell.

Halfstep

Visit site
Laura, Carl, Charlotte and Richard Davison, who won a big class the other day. Would have said Gareth was in for a shot but he just rather made a hash of that test! Shame!

sywell

Visit site
Emma,Laura then the fight for places the Eilbergs,Fiona Bigwood and then the boys Carl,ect. .At least they will not have to travel far which helps UK team members who do not regularly compete abroad. If its anything like choosing the venue anything can happen. You have venue's that can take on xcountry 100000 plus with car parking so you choose a place with no parking and can only take 55000 takes brains for that.

oldvic

Visit site
Artemis doesn't have the elasticity of Valegro or Utopia. Fiona and Emma both have the ability to score higher as well.

Halfstep

Visit site
I don't know either, but he's the only one other than Laura to have won a 5 star, as you say. :)

I doubt lancet will have done enough, today was his first comp
since injury.

YorkshireLady

Visit site
Artemis has ONLY JUST got the international qualification really though

he only just gets his 70 percents

do you really think he would have won yesterday? Just compare the canter work of his wth valegro....particularly in the 1s

oldvic

Visit site
For me, Valegro and Utopia have wonderful paces, elasticity and suppleness AND are beautifully trained and ridden. Therefore they are going to have to make a lot of very serious mistakes to be beaten by Artemis. Utopia made 3 big errors yesterday and still got over 75% so is a better bet than a horse that gets around 70% when everything goes according to plan. I totally agree that flash isn't everything - indeed it should be very little if at the expense of correct work - but if the raw material of a Valegro or Utopia is correct then they have to earn high marks.
Wie Atlantico and Lancet have both shown they have the temperament and ability to be ridden boldly in a high pressure situation so it would be positive news if they could be brought back to that sort of form.