British Eventing Registration Q - Foreign Rider?

bandit

Visit site
Please can someone help with a query....

I would like to affiliate next year with the BE - both myself and my new horse..

However, I was just flicking through my friends handbook yesterday and noticed something about foreign riders...

I reside in the UK, have done for most of my life but currently have an Irish passport (republic). I am entitled to have 3 - Irish, Canadian or British, however getting the Irish one was the easiest (?) and cheapest!!!

Does anyone else on here have this dilema and are you registered with the FEI?? And if so how much is it and is it difficult? Will that mean i ride for Ireland then in all my events? Or do i pretend not to have known this and carry as if ignorant?

Thanks for help in advance....

Bx

tigers_eye

Visit site
If you want to ride for Ireland (prob best) then you will need to have permission from the Irish Federation to ride, and for that you will probably need to be a member - ring them up and ask. Oh, and then you will need to join BE too...

Fiona

Visit site
You don't need an FEI license until you want to do an FEI event ie a CIC or CCI. To do this you will have to be at least riding clear round novice tracks.
Perhaps to explain better an example would be good...
Someone like Frazer Duffy is English but rides/lives in Ireland. He pays his EI membership as normal, but when he wishes to compete in a CCI etc, he contacts Paul Graham at BE as CCI entries have to go thru national federation (assume he pays BE membership as well).
Hope this helps.

Fiona