britneys hair!

Loopy_laura

Visit site
can some please explain why she has shaved her hair off?? keep seeing it but not yet managed to catch why!
confused.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
I feel so sorry for her. I think shes very ill, someone needs to help her fast! Something to do with the fact that she cant stand to have people touching her hair anymore
confused.gif
?

MillionDollar

Visit site
I thinks shes on the edge of a very big breakdown. She went in to rehab but hours later signed herself out, went to have her hair shaved off and then went to a tattoo parlour and got some more tattoos.
I do feel sorry for her in a way. She had no childhood, all her fans have got sick of her, she got married and had 2 kids very quickly. I think she feels theres nothing more left to do and shes very lonely.
frown.gif

metalmare

Visit site
She needs to focus on her kids like any good parent. Not saying should shouldn't have her own life any more but there is definately something to keep her mind occupied there. Poor woman.

DaisyDuke

Visit site
'They've' just said that she's about to have a breakdown! I do really feel sorry for her, she's obviously very depressed and realises she no longer has a career. I also heard she did it as she didnt want anyone touching her or something??
confused.gif
Poor Britney she needs help before she does something worse to herself.
frown.gif

sunflower

Visit site
Apparently the salon refused to do it so she took the clippers and did it herself. I feel very sorry for her - she obviously needs help but instead is being turned into a media freakshow
frown.gif

Puppy

Visit site
I feel so sorry for her. She so young, and it's an obvious cry for help, not that greater step from self harm, and yet the world's media just stood and filmed it...
frown.gif

Sarah1

Visit site
I think she's a damn fool! She may be on the verge of a breakdown, which obviously is very unfortunate and I'm sure she needs medical/psychiatric help, but she also has 2 small children and needs to pull herself together.
I don't feel sorry for her, she's been more fortunate than a lot of people and is financially secure for life, a luxury most people don't have. Yes her marriage has broken down but there are many other marriages that are in the same state, she's not unique.
She does have issues she needs to work through but a lot of them are issues other people in everyday life also have to deal with and they have to do it whilst running a home, bringing up children and working full time - she should think herself lucky and get a grip.

sojeph

Visit site
I agree that she should get a grip for the sake of her children but do also sympathise with her.The pictures of her 'bits' were appauling...I don't think we should all be entitled to see these things. I hope she she gets the help she seems to be shouting out for!!

Sarah1

Visit site
Unfortunately, being in the public eye is the lifestyle she chose though and the media are no ones for leaving well alone when it'll sell papers/magazines are they?!
It is sad that her life is a mess but she's the only one who can sort it out so she needs to grow up and deal with it.

Onyxia

Visit site
I do feel sorry for her in a way.
Divorce must be hard enough without all the media atention and bringing up two small children is no picnic BUT she has to pull herself together.
She chose to be a singer and has been more then happy to encorage media attention in the past when it suited her so cant moan about it now.

It seems to be atention seeking behaviour to me, maybe its a cry for help,maybe its just plain old "LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE" .Either way she needs to get her feet on the ground and her head into raising her children.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Tbh i dont feel sorry for her. Yes shes had a lot to deal with and i feel sorry for in her in that sense, and shes close to break down and this is an obvious cry for help/attention
but what really pisses me off is she has 2 very young children to think about! She needs to damn well grow up a little bit and take responsibility for the children she brought into this world before they end up as screwed up as her!

polyphonic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, being in the public eye is the lifestyle she chose though and the media are no ones for leaving well alone when it'll sell papers/magazines are they?!
It is sad that her life is a mess but she's the only one who can sort it out so she needs to grow up and deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt agree more. if she wants change badly she will. checking into rehb for less than 24 hours goes to show how irresponsible the girl is

JessPickle

Visit site
To be honest I think she is very very unhappy, I was shocked none of her family have stopped her or at least tried to keep her out of the public eye the best they can. Her marriage has broken up and its everywhere that would bring a lot of people to this! she may have young children but if your in that kind of state of mind, whatever people say your not going to have completely normal thought paths. No one knows whats really going on behind the scenes

PIAFFES_Sister

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
can some please explain why she has shaved her hair off?? keep seeing it but not yet managed to catch why!
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh i posted in soapbox cause i really want to no why... she must be really depressed or trying to get attention?

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think she's a damn fool! She may be on the verge of a breakdown, which obviously is very unfortunate and I'm sure she needs medical/psychiatric help, but she also has 2 small children and needs to pull herself together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, how very compassionate of you.
crazy.gif
So you realise that she's probably on the verge of a breakdown, but yet think she ought to "pull herself together". Being mentally unwell, such a depression, is more than just "unfortunate", and being "financially secure for life" doesn't stop people from suffering from such a serious illness.

My goodness, I seriously hope that should someone close to you ever suffers such illness then you treat it a little more senstively then telling them to "pull themselves together"
crazy.gif

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
checking into rehb for less than 24 hours goes to show how irresponsible the girl is

[/ QUOTE ]

Or how very badly she needs help.....

Little_Mare

Visit site
Don't know what all the fuss is about re her hair - it does grow back after all! Anyone would think she’d hacked off an arm!

She probably is feeling the strain of going through a divorce in the public eye but its quite likely that the media are blowing it out of all proportion.

paintsplat05

Visit site
i think she really needs help-i know she's done some VERY stupid things in the past but now everything she does gets ridiculed, and it can't be helping her mentally.

Sarah1

Visit site
Compassion may not be my one of my strong points but telling it how it is and being a strong person are and yes I do feel that she needs to get a grip - she comes second as far as I'm concerned as she has 2 young children to think about who didn't ask to be born and they need to be her 1st priority, so yes she does need to sort her head out!
How do you know that someone close hasn't been in a very, shall we say delicate, situation? How do you know I didn't tell them to get a grip? I'm not really willing to get into all that, suffice to say I'm not just being mean! It's not that I don't care what happens to people it's just that life goes on.
I do rather feel that this latest stunt is yet another attention seeking act, of course I realise that some may see it as a cry for help.
If I'm 100% truthful I couldn't care if she shaved all the hair on her body off - I have more important things to worry about!

Sarah1

Visit site
Exactly! Not to mention the 24 hour marriage (or however long it was) and driving with young son on her knee! I think she's been out of the papers for a couple of weeks and she needed a shock tactic to get her back on the front page!
It's sad that her life has gone t**s up but who's to blame for that?
I would think that if she was truly on the verge of a breakdown her family would have stepped in by now?!

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Compassion may not be my one of my strong points but telling it how it is and being a strong person are and yes I do feel that she needs to get a grip

[/ QUOTE ]

Words fail me!
ooo.gif
..................I don't think telling someone who is depressed or mentally ill to "get a grip" is either "telling it how it is" or a reflection of you "being a strong person" - it just seems insensitive, heartless, and ignorant to me.
frown.gif
In fact, probably the kind of comment that drives people in such states of mind to make drastics steps - at least cutting of their hair, at worst self harm and suicide.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
she comes second as far as I'm concerned as she has 2 young children to think about who didn't ask to be born and they need to be her 1st priority, so yes she does need to sort her head out!

[/ QUOTE ]

And she needs people to take care of her. You say she needs to "sort her head out" like its something she necessarily is in control of; clearly you don't understand the nature of mental ill health.
crazy.gif

If she wasn't a celeb then it would be probably have been recognised by now that she isn't fit to take care of her children, not with how ill she currently is, and they would have been taken into be cared for by some one who is fit to care for them.

Instead, because she IS a celeb then the world stares and points, and takes photos and laughs. Instead of compassion people say she ought to "Pull herself together". Largely because people can't believe that with all that money and the "rich and famous" lifestyle that she could be so deeply unhappy and dangerously depressed.

One of the most accurate ways I think I heard depression described as was "you could hand the person a cheque for £1m, and they wouldn't even smile".
frown.gif
Yes, I feel sorry for her children, but I also feel sorry for her. To live every day in that black cloud can be physically painful.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know that someone close hasn't been in a very, shall we say delicate, situation? How do you know I didn't tell them to get a grip?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never claimed I did know. However, if someone was, and you did, then I hope they didn't take it to heart..... To be seriously depressed and have someone you care about tell you to "get a grip" can be absolutely crushing!!
crazy.gif

Sarah1

Visit site
Sorry Puppy, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one - you see it as a cry for help and I see it as attention seeking. It's sad - in both senses of the word.
As you said if she wasn't a celebrity her children would have probably been taken into care by now, how unfortunate for them that they were not born to Joe Bloggs!
I don't profess to be an expert on mental health and I have infinite sympathy for true suffers I just don't believe that Ms Spears is one of those people.
Without getting into too much detail I know of people who have dealt with so much pain and suffering in their lives and the amount of human cruelty they have endured puts the whole 'Britney shaves head' story into perspective.
That is part of my point that other people go through far worse than her and have to get on with their lives - they need to work to feed their kids and pay their bills.
So she's shaved her head, so what?!

Sarah1

Visit site
I feel I must make the point that I don't believe that money can buy you happiness.
I'm sure no amount of money can make up for serious depression, however, I believe it can help.
Money gives you choices - Britney has the choice to check into rehab or, as in her case, check out 24 hours later. For the vast majority of mentally ill people that isn't an option and many have to try to carry on with life as normal.
I am sad for her that life isn't her ideal but I can't feel sorry for her, sorry.
frown.gif

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Compassion may not be my one of my strong points but telling it how it is and being a strong person are and yes I do feel that she needs to get a grip - she comes second as far as I'm concerned as she has 2 young children to think about who didn't ask to be born and they need to be her 1st priority, so yes she does need to sort her head out!
How do you know that someone close hasn't been in a very, shall we say delicate, situation? How do you know I didn't tell them to get a grip? I'm not really willing to get into all that, suffice to say I'm not just being mean! It's not that I don't care what happens to people it's just that life goes on.
I do rather feel that this latest stunt is yet another attention seeking act, of course I realise that some may see it as a cry for help.
If I'm 100% truthful I couldn't care if she shaved all the hair on her body off - I have more important things to worry about!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaving her head in the way she did is a sign of self harm. She feels that things are going on in her life which are important to her, and she has no control over it, so she has turned to the one thing she can control - her appearance.

She is surrounded by people who are only there because the business she fronts is writing their mortgage cheques, paying for their groceries, healthcare etc etc, and don't really care for her as a person. Her hormones are all over the place, the person (her husband) who is supposed to be the closest and most caring in the world to her is no longer there for her and adjustment as a single mother is going to be tough regardless of how much money you have in the bank.

Unless you are in this position or care deeply about someone who self harms, its not easy to try and understand what motivates them to do what they do.

I don't see this as attention seeking, I see this as a sign that she is not getting the support off her family and she is feeling very vulnerable.

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure no amount of money can make up for serious depression, however, I believe it can help.
Money gives you choices - Britney has the choice to check into rehab or, as in her case, check out 24 hours later. For the vast majority of mentally ill people that isn't an option and many have to try to carry on with life as normal.
I am sad for her that life isn't her ideal but I can't feel sorry for her, sorry.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this just proves to me that you do not understand mental ill health <u>at all</u>!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
If you are suffering from serious depression then you are not necessarily able to "make choices" about what is best for you, or others - i.e Act as a responsible parent.

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't profess to be an expert on mental health and I have infinite sympathy for true suffers I just don't believe that Ms Spears is one of those people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly not
crazy.gif
To me, and many of the experts quoted in the press today, her behaviour does seem to be that of someone suffering from illness. Like Stencilbum has just said, cutting off your hair is a very similar act to self harming.
frown.gif
Do you really think that any well balanced person would act the way she has been doing for months...?!

[ QUOTE ]
Without getting into too much detail I know of people who have dealt with so much pain and suffering in their lives and the amount of human cruelty they have endured puts the whole 'Britney shaves head' story into perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it put it into perspective?!?!!? Many sufferers of depression have had hardship in the lives of varying degrees; for that matter, many haven't. It doesn't make them any less depressed, or any more "entitled" to be ill - it's just a sad fact that anything or everything can lead to such an evil illness.

[ QUOTE ]
That is part of my point that other people go through far worse than her and have to get on with their lives - they need to work to feed their kids and pay their bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, you don't have to be "the worst off in the world" to deserve sympathy!! If an upset friend has a problem, or is going through a hard patch, do you refuse them sympathy on the basis that "wars are being fought, people are dying the world over, there are many worse off than you - pull yourself together"?!?!?!
crazy.gif