Brokenhurst Rider Death

demia8

Visit site
Just been sent a press release from BE saying a lady was killed yesterday at this event. How terrible. Not exactly sure what happen but lets us look at this as a warning that our sport is very dangerous and we should always be aware of the risks (no matter how good a horse/rider)

Hattikins

Visit site
oh how awful
frown.gif
it just highlights the dangers of our sport, but without the risk i doubt half of us would be doing it. really tragic for her family
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Horseymum

Visit site
Taken from BBC News:-

"One of Northern Ireland's leading equestrian riders has been killed in a cross-country event.
Sherelle Duke, 28, from Portadown, died when her horse toppled on her at Brockenhurst Park, near Southampton."

evsj

Visit site
This is awful, I met Sherelle when I lived in Ireland and she was really nice and she was a stunningly good rider. Her family own Dukes transport which you see on the road alot.

I am quite shocked and it makes having a bad weekend competing pale into insignificance.

What a waste.

Skhosu

Visit site
yes, I posted below abot this, got the events mixed up. Very tragic for all concerned and the family are really nice people so such a shame.

Bossanova

Visit site
Tradgic, another death is so sad for the sport.
Brockenhurst is a lovely advanced track, the going was perfect, the jumps beautifully built with the majority having frangible pins and yet these things still happen
frown.gif

KatB

Visit site
What a horrible thing for her family and all concerned.
frown.gif
And as Boss said, at a beautifully built and prepared track too. I hope it doesnt reflect badly on Brock. Does anyone know how it happened?

MissDeMeena

Visit site
Which horse did she fall from.. have looked on BDWP, and she only had the two Adv. rides!!

It really makes me think when i read things like this.. saying i'm shocked is an understatement!!
It really could happen to anyone of us!

RIP