Browbands....what do you use?

carys220

Visit site
I've seen a lot of *bling* browbands which can actually look really nice on the right horse and then I've seen some that are just awful!
tongue.gif

What kind of browbands do you use?
Do you have different ones for different competitions?
Is it for your fashion or that of the horse?

Come on, confess all!

grin.gif

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I will confess to having a mildly blingy browband - plain black with a single row of not too sparkly round diamantés. It's on a very workmanlike plain black bridle on a very pretty black cob so I think I can get away with it! I use it every day.

carys220

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I will confess to having a mildly blingy browband - plain black with a single row of not too sparkly round diamantés. It's on a very workmanlike plain black bridle on a very pretty black cob so I think I can get away with it! I use it every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds very acceptable, I think the padded ones with diamantes/diamontes(whatever!) are nice.
Do you have any pics?

Does anyone still use the 'old fashioned' silk or velvet ones??

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds very acceptable, I think the padded ones with diamantes/diamontes(whatever!) are nice.
Do you have any pics?

Does anyone still use the 'old fashioned' silk or velvet ones??

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I had my sparkly one I was looking for a plain black and white velvet one, couldn't find any ready made, there are companies that make them up in your colours but they're extortionate prices! They seem to come with rosettes either side that are the size of your fist too.
crazy.gif

I'm going up the yard now so I'll be back with pics this evening.
smile.gif

muffinino

Visit site
Everyday one is a plain brown synthetic one that came with his bridle, oroper showing is a flat brown Jeffries leather, hunting is plain brown leather and for events that I can use a coloured browband (such as x-country, pleasure rides etc) it an old fashioned velvet&satin criss cross one (if you know what I mean) in purple and lilac.
I have threatened to get one with Titan spelt out in pink & purple diamante, possibly with some stars either side of his name
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Joss

Visit site
SconeIntroEcho.jpg

This is just a clincher brass brow band from Kate Negus saddlery. I think it suits him!! My OH doesnt object to him wearing it so must be vaguely ok!!

p.s I bought this Pro photo so fairly sure its ok to post it on here!!

sarahrees

www.myspace.com
I use a lot of different ones
Murphs show bridle is plain
KB9O6949-1.jpg

but his sj one has a tiny bit of bling
smile.gif

StonarBE021.jpg

Serts plain one
RAGW005.jpg

his velvet one with dimanetes(sp)
07092008003.jpg

and his bit of bling
smile.gif
my friend made me this
27280908016.jpg

carys220

Visit site
I do like a nice clincher browband. I did have to cringe when I went to a trekking centre and they had one on a mare!!!
blush.gif

Hippona

Visit site
My usual show/every day bridle is a plain, fine split-stall Stubben one- in dark brown - so it has the little blue crest things at the side.

I was thinking of going 'tasteful bling' for next summers shows...perhaps a single row of diamante would be appropriate for a gelding who is a bit of a mincer ??

Kenzo

Visit site
Well I have got a bit of a fetish for browbands and saddle cloths and... well anything else for that matter!

I went on a mad search and dragged my poor OH round every tack stall at Bramham in search for a blingy browband in black, which I finally found.
smile.gif

Then I spotted a comfort bridle with brass buckles and gold diamonds on the browband, so had to buy that, in fact I need to add to browband collection, also got a showy velvet one with the rosettes on the ends but I've never used it on Mackenzie, he'd look twit in it and he's not really got the type of head for one of those.

20080724_1070.jpg

Tia

Visit site
Lol! As you just saw in the other thread, I don't use browbands ... or nosebands ... or throatlashes
smile.gif
. I don't like fussy tack so I just use these:

horse004-1.jpg

Kenzo

Visit site
Right I'm going to give this tack shop a bit of a free shout out as I think there brill, stumbled across them at Arena UK and they have loads of bridles...ranging from excellent quality high end price bracket ones to the lower end ....and if your after a bit of bling then this bridle on the link below is lovely.

For the price, the quality of the leather is surprisingly good, very soft and its Belgium leather and its not too thick and stiff etc (like Kincade for example) you cant really appreciate the bridle from the picture as its not a close up but you buckles are incrusted with little diamonds, its really gorgeous and perfect stocking filler for Crimbo for anyone's daughters that are into the 'blingy thing' at the moment, for the price you cant go wrong, I'd of bought one but they didnt have it in Macky's size at the show.

They also do loads of other great stuff at discount prices!
smile.gif

...and have these black and gold sparkly exersize/travel bandages, also available in black and silver.
grin.gif

Does help if you but the link in (durghhhh) sorry blonde moment
crazy.gif
blush.gif
...here you go http://www.coltsfootequestrian.co.uk/Product_view_Bridles_14.html

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lol! As you just saw in the other thread, I don't use browbands ... or nosebands ... or throatlashes
smile.gif
. I don't like fussy tack so I just use these:

horse004-1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine are mainly the same style with a basketweave stamp (because I liked them) plain as you like though. I love the slip ears, no chance of pinched lugs with these. I don't DO trendy so all the headstalls I have are chosen because they are decent quality, very adjustable for various horses and I LIKE THEM, nothing to do with what anyone else thinks about them. There is a huge variety of browbands to be had and I confess that I do like some of the western show tack though.
blush.gif

Fergus has a chunkier, blingier one, because he has a head the size of a small country and Evie liked it (at least it isn't pink with ostrich skin stamp
wink.gif
) ignore the lack of curb and the reins.
For western headstalls:
http://www.pleasantridge.ca/western_equipment.htm I love my local tack store.

IMG_9831.jpg

Tia

Visit site
Oh! Do you live near Pleasant Ridge Enfys? I was going to go down there last year - ended up going up to the Kingston saddlery instead.

Are you still planning to move to Alberta? If so, when?

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh! Do you live near Pleasant Ridge Enfys? I was going to go down there last year - ended up going up to the Kingston saddlery instead.

Are you still planning to move to Alberta? If so, when?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tia,

How's your weather?

I am only 10 miles from Pleasant Ridge!
smile.gif
Just the other side of Burford. So, if you are ever in the area...
laugh.gif

Hmmm, Alberta has been put on hold for the winter. If it happened at all now I won't be going for a few years (but am well used to OH working away so that would be OK).

I promised Evie that if she liked this High School I wouldn't ask her to move and leave her friends, it was a huge wrench for her to leave all the friends that she'd grown up with in Dyfed, (and I feel guilty enough about doing that to her once) it just wouldn't be fair to do it again, and unless it was unavoidable, a promise is a promise. I'll stay here until she decides where she wants to go to college.
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
Well I would have bust a gut to get down there to visit you if you were planning to move soon ... however I am going to put it on my Resolution list, that I must come and visit (or you must come up here) next year. Or we could all meet up somewhere midway
smile.gif

Ahh hubby might be going but you are staying behind. I'm the same as you, I'm also used to my hubby working away. Yes it is tough for the children isn't it; but they do settle in eventually. This is the first year that when people have asked Meg if she likes living in Canada she has replied "yes it's okay". All the years before, her reply has been a definite "no!" I'm glad Evie likes it now - makes life so much easier for us the parents, doesn't it
smile.gif

PS. Hope you don't mind the hijack TriK
smile.gif