Brown Dressage Saddles?

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Gelding No 2 had the saddler out to get his dressage saddle sorted, and after the fuss with Gelding No 1's gp from k&m (all sorted out no problem) we thought we'd be going with a k&m dressage, all fitted fine and suits his tabletop back. Only to find out that it's only available in black, now don't get me wrong I have nothing against black tack per se, but all my tack is brown so i don't particularly want to diversify! and on him it looks way too harsh. Saddler enquired with k &m if they'd do it in brown, they said yes but only if we ordered 4 as they cut the leather in 4's. So at the moment we're scuppered, unless i xan find another three people wanting brown dressage saddles! can anyone recommend a flattish treed dressage saddle that's available in brown? Most of the dressage saddles I've looked at on companies websites are only available in black? Why?!?!

Hot choc and oreos on offer!!!

GemG

Visit site
I have a brown bates one, no use for you sadly, but Im sure there must be many more out there!?

Black just seems to be 'the' colour for dressage?? But I do love brown tack personally. Although succumbed to a current black dressage saddle as it was second hand and had to snap it up as it suited us so well. ....so then 'had' to get a new black bridle to match... ...then black girth... ....black leathers... :p

Last edited:

buddylove

Visit site
Native Pony and Cob saddles (Andrea Hicks), I have a brown dressage saddle on order as we speak - can't wait for it to be ready!

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Thanks Goldenstar i know someone with an ideal jessica on a similar shaped horse so will suggest that to the saddler as an option.

Sadly GemG the bates doesn't suit him, have one sat in the spare room atm!! Lovely saddle to ride in just doesn't suit either horse! Grrr. ...

Will also have a look at the native pony and cob saddles, buddy love. Hadn't heard of them before.

Last edited:

Louby

Visit site
Ive seen a lot of Jessicas in Brown, and have just bought a second hand Silhouette Dressage saddle in brown. Im looking for a show saddle really but as most show saddles are made for low withered wide M & M's which my horse isnt, I seen this and thought it was worth a chance, it came today and Im really impressed. Yet to ride in it but after spending a fortune on made to measure well known makes, if this fits and rides nice then Im really considering having one made to measure for dressage in errrrr black lol.

Last edited:

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Love my AH jumping saddle and will be ordering a dressage saddle in brown this year. She will design and have made pretty much whatever you want.

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
Another vote for Ideal Jessica. Quite a few people use them as showing saddles so there are a fair few brown ones about.

soulfull

Visit site
I had an Albion platumin ultra made in Brown as I wanted to use it for showing too.

Although not easy to sell on. So much so i still have the leminuex sheepskin shaped girth that I cannot sell

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I'm a fitter for AH Saddles :). Like any bench made saddle company (K&M are not bench made, they are production line like most changeable headplate saddles) we can easily order a dressage saddle in black, they are not stocked in black as so few people want them and we'd end up with them on the shelves for months (or longer!). I'm a stickler for brown leather, my dressage saddle was made to order in brown for me, I even ended up with mismatching tack as I felt that, on my bright bay, a brown Elevator double was all wrong so it had to be black!

JoJo_

Visit site
I had a KN Allegro in brown for my last horse. Loved it. Very comfortable. Wide panel for my sports cob.

LinzyD

Visit site
The Fiona Cork saddle is made by Albion on the Albion dressage tree and is particularly suitable for wide, flat-backed ponies and cobs and has removable blocks so it's very versatile and comes in brown. I'm currently using a black bridle and brown saddle.