Bruised foot on stirrup iron??

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
Two days ago I woke up with pain and soreness in my foot, on the side around the joint of the big toe. When I looked, there was extensive bruising along the side of the joint and going into the ball of the foot. I honestly can't remember having any kind of accident or anything to cause that size bruise, then I wondered if I might have done it on a stirrup iron the night before - I was concentrating really hard on keeping my heels down (something I struggle with) so might have been putting more pressure on the foot against the stirrup iron. Does this sound plausible? Anyone else get mysterious bruises appear from nowhere?

Shay

Visit site
Are you on warfarin or something else which might make you bruise more easily? If you then it is quite possible that you strained your foot badly enough to cause some internal bleeding. But if you don't have a reason to bruise easily I would be surprised if you could do something so extensive just by pressing your heels down. Sometimes the foot bruises that way if you turn your ankle though? (As in when walking - not riding!)

TheOldTrout

Visit site
Are you on warfarin or something else which might make you bruise more easily? If you then it is quite possible that you strained your foot badly enough to cause some internal bleeding. But if you don't have a reason to bruise easily I would be surprised if you could do something so extensive just by pressing your heels down. Sometimes the foot bruises that way if you turn your ankle though? (As in when walking - not riding!)

No, not taking any kind of medication. I did turn my ankle (same side) quite badly at the end of March, sprained it but no bruising. Maybe I was kickboxing in my sleep???

mynutmeg

Visit site
I wonder if you maybe have a stress fracture in the foot bone (metatarsal) in that area - worth going and getting gp to have a look if its painful to stand on

TheOldTrout

Visit site
I wonder if you maybe have a stress fracture in the foot bone (metatarsal) in that area - worth going and getting gp to have a look if its painful to stand on

It's OK to stand on now (thankfully!), just spectacularly bruised. I think I will get it checked if I get any more bruising that I can't remember doing anything to acquire.

Annagain

Visit site
I am plastered in inexplicable bruises 90% of the time. I've been to the doctor several times about it and have had nearly every test under the sun but everything comes back normal. I'm just a delicate little flower. (if you saw you me this would be as funny to you as it is to me :D). My most recent is an underwiring shaped one under my left boob. I haven't had a new bra in a year and have never had this before, so god knows why or how this one's happened! I can also feel a tender spot on my left upper arm, but no mark yet. I wonder if they could be related?

Bruising too easily can be a sign of anaemia or thyroid problems though so if it continues it might be worth getting checked out.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
If you were really pushing your heels down you could have just strained the foot where it was just not used to it, but if it continues to hurt it might be worth having it checked out.