bruised toe

pfarrugia

Visit site
Hiya,

My boy came up slightly lame last night on hard ground but ok on soft so left him out but this morning he was hopping. Just got a farrier out to take off his shoe (yes on a bank holiday! some farriers are nice!!) and he has a bruised toe. I have put some animaltex (sp?) and gamgee on it, vet wrapped it up and put a poultice boot on but is there anymore I can do?? Is this enough?

Sorry to be so dim but I always question myself when its my own!!

Thanks x
wink.gif

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
hiy, I always find a comfrey poultice helps, I wasn't a big believer in herbs etc but i have used comfrey on a muber of injuries and the effects are remarkable!!! You mash up the leaves with hot water and leave on for a max of 12 hours. Or you could try a cold witch hazel poultice. I know herbal remedies are sometimes thought of as fake or not useful but I did genuinely find comfrey amazing!!!!!! good luck x

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
ummm its a weed so you could try a local farmer etc as it likes to grow in crops. also I have seen comfrey paste for sale in saddlers lately. Sorry can't be much more help! we got ours from the farmer that lives next to us! x