Brushing boots - full size - how big should they be??

SueAllen

Visit site
Just bought some Clarendon brushing boots from Ebay - full size, supposedly.....Even my other half commented that they looked too small and when I tried them on my pretty standard sized 16hh ID x TB type I could only do one of the straps up!! Would suit some spindly legged pony I think but that's about it!

Has anyone got a pair sitting around and a handily available tape measure to give me an idea of the right size for Full?? - I think I have been sold an Ebay pup. They weren't cheap either.....oh and my summer sheet is too small and the lovely black leather bridle I got for about a tenner is too big.....aggggh! Maybe it is false economy to buy from Ebay sometimes.

I am waiting for a black jacket which was advertised as size 12/14 - I'm just opening the betting now.......!!
laugh.gif

serena2005

Visit site
lol!

havent got the boots to hand but looking at my tape measure, i would guess they are about 11-12 iches long. and width ways (not on the horse but done up, if u understand!!) 7 or 8 inches... maybe bigger.

sorry if thats no help just a guess!

i brought size 5 boots from ebay and i have to force my feet in them! more like a size 4!!

Louby

Visit site
Hi, The Clarendon come in Pony, Horse and then Large size. Yes very confusing. I did the same as you (but luckily from a shop), thought Horse size was full but it was the large that fit my 16.2 but then he has 9 1/2 inches of bone. My friend has horse size for her 14.2 Arab. I think the Horse size fits up to 9 inches of bone front leg.