BS ‘Club’ membership

MagicMelon

Visit site
I used to compete BS as a full member but dont think my current horse will jump much beyond 1m for the time being so the club membership... is it purely at club shows I could compete? Or could I also do BN and Discovery at normal shows?? And if I then decide to join fully - is the club cost discounted off the full fee?

Quadro

Visit site
Club membership is only for club. Need a proper one for bn and disc. Could always do a 6 month one ? I think the whole club thing is totally pointless !

CJoe

Visit site
I do the club classes, and don't find them a waste of time at all! - I am not too brave, my horse isn't built for jumping, but is successful at his level which is under 90cms! It gives people like us a chance to build up a legitimate competition record, and also a chance to compete at BS National Finals...which we are hopefully on course for this year! Currently top of our league in two heights, so for £30 and a bit of travelling around, its great value for money!

Pie's mum

Visit site
I won our regional club league at 2 heights last season. It’s absolutley not pointless if you want to jump nice courses at affiliated venues with a chance to win the league and qualify for a national competition - but don’t have a horse who is capable of doing BN etc / nervous rider / or can’t afford it (and many other reasons).
Most shows run the club classes as unaffiliated too so you don’t need to be registered, you can still compete and be placed, you just don’t get awarded any points.

Pie's mum

Visit site
I do the club classes, and don't find them a waste of time at all! - I am not too brave, my horse isn't built for jumping, but is successful at his level which is under 90cms! It gives people like us a chance to build up a legitimate competition record, and also a chance to compete at BS National Finals...which we are hopefully on course for this year! Currently top of our league in two heights, so for £30 and a bit of travelling around, its great value for money!
Lots and lots of luck! You sound very much like me last year. The awards ball is a fantastic experience, I really hope you get there! I didn’t make it to the National Champs as my horse was a bit off top form and it’s a long drive from here.

CJoe

Visit site
Lots and lots of luck! You sound very much like me last year. The awards ball is a fantastic experience, I really hope you get there! I didn’t make it to the National Champs as my horse was a bit off top form and it’s a long drive from here.

Thank you!! Looks like we should qualify for Stoneleigh which is fabby!!! a party in addition would be nice! I cannot believe more people don't do it for the membership fee!! decent courses and surfaces !

Pie's mum

Visit site
Thank you!! Looks like we should qualify for Stoneleigh which is fabby!!! a party in addition would be nice! I cannot believe more people don't do it for the membership fee!! decent courses and surfaces !

Excellent! I wish we had been able to make it to Stoneleigh as last year was our last doing club - my boy is 23 this year so I thought he might be ready for a quieter life. How wrong I was!! He’s going better than ever but I’ve been grounded by a broken lorry!
I loved doing club though, to be able to go to the big bs shows and take part was amazing. I do think it’s strange that more people don’t do it, I don’t think people really understand what it is - I’ve had people say to me they can’t go because they haven’t registered - but you can still jump the classes without being registered.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Unfortunately there simply arent enough Club shows in my area, looking at schedules for my local BS centre they seem to hold one 80cm club class then its on to BN, Disc etc. So its really pointless for me to go just for one class (and then having to ride on a ticket in BN/disc). And the National Champs are always in England which really arent worth a 10 hour journey down from up here! Shame :(

CJoe

Visit site
most BS Club shows run along side unaffiliated sj shows...you would not be able to do open classes as club member at BS only club classes I believe....