BS Comp Report

sammiea

Visit site
Hubby had the day off work (for a funeral in the afternoon) so I decided to take the morning off work and we loaded up both the horses and whizzed over to norton heath. My new boy has only been here 2 weeks so was aiming just to pop him round the clear round as havent re registered him yet as he's out of BN so wanted to take my time but half way there we realised we were never gonna make the clear round so refusing to pay for a ticket then register him in a couple weeks i rang BS and they were very helpful and we got him registered there and then ekkk...i havent jumped a disco in over 5yrs but today that was gonna change lol

1st to jump was my mare... she felt good in the warm up and proved me right in the ring when she popped round so sweetly to get our 2nd DC in 2 outings putting us into 4th place however i was 9th to go of 28/29 so wasnt holding out hope of a placing but much to my amazement when i was warming up my boy for the disco (we were 2nd to go) the result was anounced and we were 6th!! over the moon with her def ready to go up to disco and really should have done it yesterday but just didnt have the time due to hubby needing to be back.
Next was the new boys turn, he hasnt been to a show in over 2years and i've only jumped him twice so it was really wasnt sure what was about to happen. Warm up was ok didnt push him as we know he can jump and he isnt fully fit yet but he felt fine so in we went...he was a star, took me round like a pro just a 2 odd stride due to me checking and messing him up lol and a little pole on a dog leg that i should have ridden a bit more forward ubt hey I am over joyed with him.

Callie; British Novice
NH29052012BN002.jpg

Cento; Discovery
NH29052012Disco001.jpg

MandyMoo

Visit site
well done on the placing and taking your new boy straight in at a Disc when you were planning on a CR! haha :D sounds like a great mornings showjumping!

lyndy

Visit site
Well done! The discovery course was causing alot of faults and eliminations
yesterday. I think i was stood next to you when tractor was in warm up and my black horse (with daughter on board) reversed into you (sorry about that, he is normally fine with tractors). Anyway well done once again :)

sammiea

Visit site
Thank you for your kind comments, I to was very impressed with BS was expecting them to say no cant jump until the following day.

lyndy - the pretty black horse!! I like a lot :) Oh did it cause lots of probs?? Been waiting for the results to go online but the havent uploaded them yet. We were 2nd and literlly loaded up and left straight away due to the funeral hubby had to get back for so never saw anyone else go, was it that dog leg 6 to 7 by the gate that causing problems? Lots of people scratched there heads over it during the course walk...caught me out (7 was our pole down) how did your daughter do?