BS Leicester Peeps - What's Vale View EC Like?

lisab

Visit site
Hi I'm planning to go to Vale View this Sunday. It's a bit far away from me - I'm in Coventry - but there's been nothing on for a couple of weeks for me (nothing local with Amateur/Opens on) and I'm going stir crazy being just the cleaning/hacking out lady - so I was wondering what it's like?

Is it busy? What's the warm up like?

I'm planning to go for the 90cm and 1m open classes.

Also - any idea how long to get there from Cov please?

rubysmum

Visit site
i've only been to spectate - but friends who have competed there say the warm up ring can be a bit interesting:rolleyes:
its a big & busy venue - but things seem to run on time & it has a good cafe with nice cake:)

lisab

Visit site
i've only been to spectate - but friends who have competed there say the warm up ring can be a bit interesting:rolleyes:
its a big & busy venue - but things seem to run on time & it has a good cafe with nice cake:)

What do you mean "interesting"? Interesting - rude, nasty people who bump into you and jump the practice fence the wrong way? Or interesting - small?

I've only seen 2 small photos on the website and it looks nice and the warm up looks big enough, but of course you can't tell much from 2 small photos.

Please tell!

Crazy Friesian

www.stablepeople.co.nr
Only been there once - Friesian Inspections. Its literally round the corner from me. :D I have to say I was impressed. The facilities are really lovely.

If you go onto Google and put in "Vale View", select "more" (on left hand side)
Select "Maps" from drop down menu
Select "Get directions"

You should then be able to put in your post code and it will give you directions.

Otherwise, depends where in Cov, but J21a M1. Then down the A46 towards Loughboough.

If you get bored / lost etc, you could always pop in for coffee... :D

BYR

Visit site
They have only just started running BS again and I haven't been yet (first time on Sunday!) but we compete regularly there for BD. Its very well run , organised and seems to run on time. We were told on Sunday that Nick Staines is the course builder who builds regularly at Hargate aswell, he builds good courses but likes to put in quite a few turns! There is a large car park , two huge indoor schools and two equally big outdoors so there shouldn't be any problem space wise for warming up. The surfaces are very good and ride well , they don`t get deep or boggy. They have just bought a new set of jumps which I haven't seen yet but apparently they are very nice. I would highly recommend :D

I promise i`m not taking commission for this either! :p

PS. they have just re done the cafe and they sell lovely bacon cobs and now do all day breakfasts too, and there is a big well stocked tack shop upstairs to spend your winnings on !

Last edited:

lisab

Visit site
They have only just started running BS again and I haven't been yet (first time on Sunday!) but we compete regularly there for BD. Its very well run , organised and seems to run on time. We were told on Sunday that Nick Staines is the course builder who builds regularly at Hargate aswell, he builds good courses but likes to put in quite a few turns! There is a large car park , two huge indoor schools and two equally big outdoors so there shouldn't be any problem space wise for warming up. The surfaces are very good and ride well , they don`t get deep or boggy. They have just bought a new set of jumps which I haven't seen yet but apparently they are very nice. I would highly recommend :D

I promise i`m not taking commission for this either! :p

PS. they have just re done the cafe and they sell lovely bacon cobs and now do all day breakfasts too, and there is a big well stocked tack shop upstairs to spend your winnings on !

Oo thanks BYR, it sounds fab. I'm really looking forward to it.

KatB

Visit site
I went on Thursday last week, and am there again this weekend :)

The surface you jump on is fantastic (all wax track), and the courses are built with the "continental" jumps, think 3D dice, wavy planks, cut out shape fillers, so there is a lot to look at!!

The warm up last thurs was in the "old" indoor and the smaller outdoor, and were never really busy. It will probably be busier on Sunday, but it's always a laid back atmosphere there (I know it very well, it's very close to me!)

What classes are you doing? :)

CrazyMare

Visit site
VV is my local venue - love it there. Superb surfaces, good jumps (looky though).

It is bitterly cold there though, the wind never stops. Wrap up well.

lisab

Visit site
I went on Thursday last week, and am there again this weekend :)

The surface you jump on is fantastic (all wax track), and the courses are built with the "continental" jumps, think 3D dice, wavy planks, cut out shape fillers, so there is a lot to look at!!

The warm up last thurs was in the "old" indoor and the smaller outdoor, and were never really busy. It will probably be busier on Sunday, but it's always a laid back atmosphere there (I know it very well, it's very close to me!)

What classes are you doing? :)

It sounds lovely and, luckily, we are used to bright jumps as we go to Weston Lawns a lot.

We are going for the 90cm and 1m open classes.

KatB

Visit site
Will see you there then :D Agree re. the cold thing, it's ALWAYS freezing!

I'll be on a bright bay with a turquoise saddle cloth if you fancy saying hi :)