BS SJ Report inc HOYS Grade C

claire_p2001

asdexploitvangroenhove.weebly.com
Here is a little update from team Jack.

HOYS am q at Vic Farm did not go to plan we had a stop and a fence :( my fault rubbish stride up hill to the treble and he said no next time jumped though taking out the middle part but the rest was good. Then we went to Keysoe for the Blue Riband qualifier he stormed round DC to take 1st place yey so happy :) We are now definitely Scope bound having qualified in 2 classes.

So on to Herts County this weekend, I entered the Grade C and thought I would walk it and decide whether I would jump it on the day I was drawn 55/77 so had plenty of time to watch and get really nervous! It was huge and bold the distances were all long so you had to ride very attacking I thought I would give it a try and if i didnt like it i could always come out! 2 out of the first 5 riders fell off not a great start, there were not many clears but it was riding ok. I must admit I was really scared and i dont usually get nervous he warmed up super though really jumping well went in the ring made the mistake of riding through the middle of the combi and realising how big it was eek. Cantered up to the first fence got a good stride and we were off :) we kept hitting each fence well so i just kept going he was feeling great had no 7 down an upright running down to the enterance it walked 7 but i should have let him run down on 6 jumped 8 & 9 clear turned at the top of the arena and totally lost my concentration could not see a stride pulled out of 10 :( then jumped it same happened at 11 so we rode past it jumped 12 and left the arena. Technically elimiated but i was so so pleased with him we so nearly made it to the end i really let him down but he doesn;t know that and is more than ready for another go at that height. Here is the video up to no 9 :) and some pics taken by my sister.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey1xB_5WcSM
jackherts.jpg

jackherts1.jpg

jackherts2.jpg

jackherts3.jpg

We decided to go back the next day to jump the 1.15 amateur class, i was taking my sister so thought i would take Jack too, i was regretting this as soon as we arrived the ground was awful so cut up and the rain was non stop. We were not 100% on the ground i'm not used to jumping out of a bog so i tried to keep him close to the fences and hope he would take off! He jumped a clear round not the most stylish but we made it round :) There were 8 through to the JO i was 4th to go i had decided not to go for it i didnt want to risk slipping i will share the video so you can get an idea of how wet it was but no CC please i know i'm riding far from my best and holding him back way too much! We ended up 3rd which was a great result under the circumstances super pony :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ALFiL9g2Tw&feature=g-upl

Thanks for reading :) Now we need to concentrate on getting our FOX DC's for 2013 he has £70 left so got to be careful. Next stop Quainton on Sunday and then i'm away so he gets a fews weeks off.

Gingey

Visit site
What a gorgeous horse! Congratulations, those fences look pretty large from where I'm sitting so big respect from me :D

Tinks81

Visit site
yep those grade C are massive !!!

the one at addington we did a few years ago out of 97 starters there were 4 clears !

TiddlyPups

Visit site
You both make it look very easy. I think at that height you are better to pull out and then have a confident jump than have a wobble and loss of confidence, well done!

Jacko

Visit site
Well done, you survived and took lots of positives which is great. I too never really had nerves but I'm jumping bigger classes too and now get a little green before I go in. Once you're in though I think you just knuckle down and kick. He definitely took some riding from you in the Grade C class so well done you.

Look forward to more reports and maybe bump in to you one of these days. :D

BeckyD

Visit site
Crikey those jumps are enormous! I love reading your reports as you make it sound so easy and yet I know it's awfully difficult. Great pictures and video.

Well done on the Blue Riband win! :)

claire_p2001

asdexploitvangroenhove.weebly.com
Thanks all he is a lovely boy not that i'm biased or anything :)

Little flea - i'm sure i will see you out and about soon, i seemed to be running about everywhere at Herts too! I never actually made it in to any shops infact i never got past the SJ ring opps!

Tinks - WOW thats tough I feel sorry for the person who ended up 4th that day they all deserved to qualify! I don't think I will be threatening the top of the leaderboard any time soon :)

Tiddlypups - yes thats what i thought he would have jumped it but i didn't fancy missing at a fence that size so i just avoided it! Hopefully next time I will be more confident as he is more than capable.

Kat - i have qualified for the members cup as well it is a really fast class but on his day Jack is in with a chance of qualifying for the finals! I'm still going to try and qualify for the Scope Grade C which is 1m25 and then if i do i can decide which to jump. The good thing about Blue Riband and Grade C is that you get to jump straight indoors :)

Jacko - thanks, i felt like i was riding every stride i think that is another reason my brain gave up after fence 9 it was a long course!! Yes hopefully see you around soon.

Tinks81

Visit site
Tinks - WOW thats tough I feel sorry for the person who ended up 4th that day they all deserved to qualify! I don't think I will be threatening the top of the leaderboard any time soon :)

you never know on that day a horse did qualify who would usually be fast enough but all the quick ones had fences down it jumped a lovely double clear and qualified x

Rambo

Visit site
Shame it ended in the big E as he didn't look fazed by the course at all. Wrong leg into fence 7 and maybe just neededto ride a little more positively....but he'll be jumping DC roubd those heights before long :)