BSHA National Championships

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Busy weekend - ended up with about 16 horses there which was the most we have ever taken to an event!

Friday - groomed for a couple of classes, then did the HOYS LW Cob class with Dinger. There were 31 in the ring!!! Initially called in 5th and went up to fourth which was a great result. We won the class with our other cob, Fait Accobli so pretty good!

Comberton Clancy (the riding horse) also won his large riding horse HOYS class in the morning, so we had a few through to the evening performance.

Clancy was amazing and won the riding horse championship, which then put him intothe supreme. Fait Accobli won the cob championship, so he as through as well!!! All the champions came in to do individual shows (plus a random cat which came into the arena for a poo!) - ended up with Clancy supreme which was simply amazing.
clancynatchamps.jpg

Pic taken by Audrey

Back for supper (yes - it was 11.30pm by the time we sat down), then to the hotel where by the time I had a bath it was nearly 2am! Jayne had ridden in 6 classes, and fell asleep clutching the TV remote control!

dingernatchamps.jpg

Pic taken by Zoe

Up early on Saturday and back to the show - hopped on the 5 (yes FIVE) cobs we had entered into the Classic LW Cob class. Pulled in 4th with Dinger and Fait Accobli in 2nd. Top 9 pulled through to the evening performance in number order (Dinger was the last one to go through which was a bit scarey!). Then spend the rest of the day grooming for liveries in the ring and having ham sandwiches and gin and tonics sent down to the rings for us! Did the evening performance, where I was hoping for a top 6 placing. We all did the go round and Dinger was fab - they did the placings in reverse order. They got down to two - Dinger and Fait Accobli!!! Wow - first and second from the same yard - amazing!!! I went forward to take my second place knowing that Fait Accobli had won ... when they called him out second.

In a very grown up way, I just burst into tears. Dinger and I stood between the flowers to get our award. Thank goodness he is more professional than me - he posed whllst I sniffled and set a huge number of people in the audience off into tears as well!!!

Amazing feeling to lead off then do the trot out across the arena. How lucky am I!!!

My friend, Eli, managed to get some video (thanks you!)

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedAdairIV?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/_P-D2O8_BIg
http://www.youtube.com/user/RedAdairIV?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/mZKdGSVPCYs

I am not sure whehter the same yard has won the two main cob LWs with two different cobs at the same Nat Champs - don't think so!!!

So - back to earth for me but still so pleased for Dinger - he is such a fab horse and deserves all the awards he gets!!!

Last edited: