BSJA Holmside Hall

ann-jen

Visit site
After feeling so nervous and umming and ahhing forever about whether to go or not we ended up having a fab day.
Despite the fact the clear round was scheduled for 9.30 and the British Novice to start at 10, when I arrived the course hadn't even been set out (at about 9am!)
crazy.gif
Cue lots of standing around with nerves heightening!
The course was finally ready for walking at 10.30. Fences 1-6 for the clear round. It all seemed ok enough. I warmed Jenny up and she was in a particularly chilled out frame of mind (possibly anticipating more dressage after our pig of a day at Union Hall yesterday - don't ask!) We went in for the clear round which was probably at about 85cm maybe and she just pinged round no bother at all. I presented her on a very wiggly line into the double and had to fiddle in the middle to get her straight to jump out but this didn't bother her in the slightest. She didn't even mess about in between the fences and wasn't strong at all. So I thought I'd better bite the bullet and enter the British Novice.
She was an absolute star. I rode like a numpty into fence 2 and saw an impossibly long stride - fortunately it would appear Jenny is the brains of the outfit and completely ignored me and chipped an extra stride in or we'd of been in trouble. We had a very tight turn after fence 6 into fence 7 which meant I only got her straight about a stride in front of the fence which didn't phase her one bit and she pinged round the entire course to go clear.
grin.gif

I was 3rd from last to go in the jump off and had decided I wasn't going to pressurise myself into doing any tight turns etc but because Jenny was in a chilled frame of mind I did manage to turn inside to one of the fences but despite going reasonably quickly we unfortunately tipped the front rail on one of the oxers to end on 4fts.
I am still over the moon though - partly with myself as I was SOOO nervous but managed to get on and do it - the jump off height is the biggest I've jumped in nearly a year and looked immense - but mostly with Jenny who jumped exactly as she had before she was injured and was an out and out star and really helped me out with some of my dodgy judgements on take off spots!
blush.gif
I do love my little mare.
smile.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
You can pay me later for the extremely effective kick up the backside
grin.gif
tongue.gif
. Well done, bet that's given you confidence to go and do some more!

ann-jen

Visit site
Hey - thanks everyone - I must of had too much sun because I was even thinking of doing the discovery next time too! No doubt common sense will have resumed by our next outing though
tongue.gif
GB - the cheque is in the post.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

langside

Visit site
well done i knew you would be fine
smile.gif

sorry we didnt make it the beastie threw a shoe yesterday the farrier said he'd be here early doors - who knew 11 was early ? so by then we thought we'd be too late as it takes a good hour for us if we'd known it was running late would have still gone
we will both get there one day
wink.gif

ann-jen

Visit site
Langside - apparently this course builder is notorious for being v slow and running late - if I'd known I'd of had an extra hour in bed!
Sikaran - yesterday was one of those days when I wonder why I do dressage! Although it was more the lorry not starting and then Jenny snapping her rope and going for a romp round the field where were parked and refusing to be caught that really put the mockers on any form of decent test because by the time she was caught tacked up and I was on - I had to go straight in with no real warm up. Not our best scores is all I'll say.
crazy.gif

ann-jen

Visit site
Perhaps her lack of energy in her tests was because she'd expended it all galloping round the carpark having whale of a time.
crazy.gif