BSJA New Jackets

MagicMelon

Visit site
I know they're being launched at HOYS, so does this mean from then they will be able to be bought through the BSJA website? Or how do we get hold of them? Also, anyone know if we have to get them embroidered through them?

Rambo

Visit site
Dunno....but having just spent a fortune on a new jacket...I won't be taking up the offer of buying another
shocked.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Has anyone got any pics of these jackets, i have heard so many different things that i dont even know what jacket we're talking about anymore LOL

TOMPOES

Visit site
i might be wrong but i think purely for the top 250 riders any one outside these rankings will have limited choice of jackets with no added perks

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i might be wrong but i think purely for the top 250 riders any one outside these rankings will have limited choice of jackets with no added perks

[/ QUOTE ]

The top 250 (I think) riders will be able to register their own colours, the rest of us will have a choice from about 6 or 8 different designs only. Should be interesting to see how they manage those dropping in and out of the Top 250 every month though
tongue.gif

susan_w

Visit site
Same for me Rambo. Megan has just treated herself to a new Kingsland jacket (£180), so don't think that we'll be rushing to get one. Saying that though, as soon as Megs gets into the top250, I'm sure she'll want to get one then.

xjeebsx

New User
Visit site
i have just bought an equiport jacket at like £300, so theres no way i am weaing 1 of these new things- i saw them at scope and think they are so ugly.

dont get the point in them? everyone is happy with what we have?!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Quote from BSJA Site:

'The top 250 riders in the BSJA rider rankings will be able to choose their own colours, with the lower ranked riders choosing from six official BSJA colours. The jackets have been designed to allow all riders to have their names emblazed across their backs with room for sponsors' logos on the jacket sleeves.'

'The BSJA marketing committee, headed by Tim Stockdale, came up with the concept, which is designed to enable fans to identify their favourite riders more easily. The jackets will also help riders to create their own range of leisure wear, in conjunction with their jackets' manufacturer, which can be worn by their support team at shows.'

Has this new jacket been brought in to improve the sport? or is iit due to pressure from top riders because they want to make money 'creating their own range of leisure wear'?

I wonder.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I think they're a great idea. Well, except that the BSJA will likely charge a fortune for them...... but Id much rather wear a pratical jacket than a frumpy show jacket.

I think show jumping SHOULD become more modern and up to date. Every other sport, they wear clothing which is practical (breathable etc.) but we don't until now!

seza

Visit site
They are not made of traditional material so embroidery as such may not be the only option. You can apply a name almost as though it is welded onto the material. They have panels and so fit quite snugly. They are made by john Whittaker range. Quite lightweight and casual looking. The sort you would traditionally have worn in the collecting ring! Having said that they have little side zips and are very easy to look after. They are semi stretchy 100% polyester.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Oh I dont like John Whitaker stuff though! I detested my JW blouson (that were all the rage at one point). So they're ALL made by JW??? Blimey, Mr Whitaker will be making some money then.....!

With regard to sponsors names being on the sleeves - do we have to tell the BSJA about them? I have a little company of my own (so not really a sponsor although money I make through that inevitably goes towards competing!) which Id rather like to advertise but do I have to ask BSJA first?

seza

Visit site
You would need to ask the BSJA. I don't know JW are the only manufacturer licensed to make them but the one I saw from OFOH was a JW.

Rambo

Visit site
Eeeeeeyuuuucckkkkkkk !!!!

There's a picture of one in H&H this week...being modelled by Michael Mac.

I'm definitely sticking with my Equiport thanks
shocked.gif

And while we're on the subject of modernising attire to reflect the 'sporting' nature of our activites...when was the last time you saw an athlete compete in a shirt and tie !?

Ditch the shirts and ties I say lol!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
I won't say what Geoff Billington's comments about the jackets were (whilst worn by Michael Mac in the pairs comp at Scope) - Rather rude - but so funny!
blush.gif

Kate x

Rizz1a

Visit site
I've seen the jackets and some of them look great. We also have to remember that they are not compulsory purely giving people choice.

When I asked at the Scope stand I was told that JWI are the first people to take out a licence which is why it was their jacket on display but the BSJA are hoping other manufacturers will make them in a slightly different design and colour similar to the way traditional jackets are made.

I heard a lady in the stand also saying that by making these changes its easier to identify riders on television than when everyone is in the same jacket and hat. Surely that has to be positive for the sport in general. If the broadcasters like it then so should we as it will mean more equestrian sports on television.

Would I choose to wear one. Probably not. But give it twelve months when we've got used to them and I bet I buy one.