bsja, ponies height classes help please!

mez

Visit site
i have a 13.3hh/14hh pony who i've been told should bsja, however i am 17 can i bsja her? or am i too old
also how big do the jumps start off ( in ft). thanks !

Hattikins

Visit site
i have a feeling that you have to be under 16 to do juniors on her so u would have to do seniors instead which start at 90cm. im not sure whether u can jump a pony under 14.2hh in senior classes though other than on a ticket to ride so maybe someone else would be able to confirm this one way or the other
wink.gif

KarenX

Visit site
No, sorry, you are too old to jump your pony BSJA. Maybe you could get someone else to jump him for you? You cant do senior classes on him either coz he would need to be at least 148cm to jump in seniors.

Hope this helps..

Karen

helenandshadow

Visit site
You are to old for juniors but you can register any height of horse or pony to jump seniors but you will have to register your pony as a grade C instead of a JD. Just remember that the striding will be set for horses. British Novice is 90cm (3'0'') and there are new intro shows which start at 80cm (2'6'').

SummerStorm

Visit site
I've got this problem too! My lad is 14hh and I'm also 17 and I've been looking into this to see what I can do with my lad. Everyone I've asked seems to have different ideas on what's allowed but the most common ones I've had (that seem to be true...) is that:

- you are out of juniors so the only way you can affiliate is to do seniors

- anything (horses and ponies) can do seniors but all the distances are set for horses

- if you register to compete properly (ie: not off a ticket) then you have to have you pony as a Grade C horse which will stop him competing in JA classes with a different rider until that years registration runs out. After that, your pony can go back and reregister to do JA with a younger rider.

- classes vary from show to show, intro shows sometimes having clear round first and maybe an 80cm (2'6") class, but all shows will have BN which is 2'11" with spreads of *I think* up to 3'5".

Good luck if you do affilate and I hope what I've just said makes sense!

~SF x

SummerStorm

Visit site
Ooops - sorry h and s!

The only ones I've looked at did (ok, ok... I'm talking about all of 2 venues here
blush.gif
grin.gif
!) so I assumed that they all did.

Pleased I got the rest right though
grin.gif
~SF x

littlehoofprint

Visit site
i jumped my 13.3hh pony on a ticket in a senior BN and was screamed at for competiting a pony in a senior class ??? does anyone know the exact rule for competing a pony in a senior class??

bellgave

Visit site
Yes you can affiliate and jump in seniors. There was a very famous pony called Stroller whose rider Marion Coakes took him from pony classes to seniors. They won the Hickstead Derby, Queen Elizabeth cup etc and went to the Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!

SummerStorm

Visit site
That was decades ago
smile.gif

And they were 2nd in the showjumping at the Olympics and Stroller is still the only pony ever to have competed in the Olympic games.

*sighs* just imagine riding a pony that could jump like that...

mez

Visit site
aw brillant guys thanks very much, noone else would be able to compete her for me as she;s a very much 1 rider pony, luckily my best friend is just able to ride her when she;s having her good days!
i think i;ll aim at seniors with her next year, she;s only just started jumping and is already competing well over 3'0 so hopefully she should be fine. going to take this season slowly and see how she goes!

thanks very much!