BSJA today

helenandshadow

Visit site
Went to Crockstead again this morning just for the clear round and the BN. She warmed up crap, skidded through the oxer twice!!
blush.gif

Went into the clear round and there was a wall in it which i didn't think she'd like, but she proved me wrong and we went clear!!
wink.gif

Then in the BN we knocked no 2 down - a parallel with really thin, light poles which a lot of people had down, she felt a bit sticky in places but we got round and finished on 4 faults.
tongue.gif
The course caused a lot of problems, and out of 23 there were only 4 clears, 2 of which were ticket entries, and only 1 went double clear. To work out the lower placings they took the fastest time of the four faulters in the first round, and to my suprise we were the fastest, i didn't even think we'd gone that quick!! So we came 3rd and won £12
grin.gif
i would've liked a double clear but am very chuffed with my girl!!!!
laugh.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Well done!

Typical! LOL, I was going to go there but as it was quite busy last time I changed plans at the last minute and now going to Duckhurst tomorrow! D'oh!

Well done, cor you have been in the money 2 outings in a row, you're on a roll!
smile.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
Thanks!!!!!! Our last 2 outings have cost us all of £6!!!! I want to get some more DC's though. might be going to Crockstead again on 10th Dec, and want to get to GX soon as well.

Yes it was quite busy again, very shocked to get placed on 4 faults, i think the course caused more trouble than intended!!

Good luck tomorrow!!! let me know how you get on!!
smile.gif

madgirl

Visit site
aww thats fab helen1! shadow is going very well!! she will be fab for BE next year if you sort out her ditch fear!

Hattikins

Visit site
yup we did go - and she was good but just not a good as she has been - she did nothing wrong and behaved very well but she just wasnt as sparky and correct as she can be
frown.gif
but i was very pleased with her centre lines and canter work so we must be doing something right!!! back to the drawing board for others bits though
crazy.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
she got 61.2% in the first class and 65% in the second class and she was 9th (i think in the second class and was lying in 7th in the first class) so not fantastic but hey shes still relatively young and theres a long way to go when you're striving for perfection
wink.gif
shes getting there which is what matters and shes trying
smile.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
She could if she wanted to cos she has nice paces (i know i'm biased though
wink.gif
) always get comments like 'lovely paces but needs to work into an outline and soften through back' we're working on it though - her trot is definately improving, but her canter is always in jumping mode!!
tongue.gif

Edited: typos!!

Rambo

Visit site
Yay ! Well done
smile.gif

We were there today too..for the BN and Disco. When we walked the BN we thought it was tiny....and really couldn't see why it caused so many problems...but it did
shocked.gif
Trike had the planks down at No.3 but it was my fault for fiddling with his stride and getting him in too deep
frown.gif

The Disco was bigger and less inviting. The first fence was the sharks teeth planks with a back rail...and on a really tight right turn. When was the last time you jumped a planks as No. 1
crazy.gif
Anyway, Trike wasn't going forward as well as he might and we ended up with two down so not a great day.

Wel done you though...another good result
smile.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
Thanks! Was quite suprised though, i didn't think i'd gone particularly fast, and there were quite a few on four faults.

I know i thought the BN course looked easy when i walked it! I think i saw you and Trike jump, he's lovely, well done!!!

Don't think i've ever jumped planks as the first fence!
crazy.gif

KarenX

Visit site
That is unusual to have planks as the first fence! We jumped a newcomers not long ago though and they had a gate for the first fence!!
shocked.gif

Well done anyway... I bet you are missing Bo!

Karen
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I think a lot of people were caught out by No.2 in the BN. It was the oxer going away from the entrance, but because of the way the arena surface was, the front rail was slightly higher than the back on one side, and I saw several people punch that front rail out
shocked.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
No I give in - my computer didn't freeze

Give me remus - is that the horse billey twomey used to ride or was that show me remus?

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes highly amusing! it bloody freezes my pc
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, you will need Adobe Acrobat
smirk.gif
Sorry !

[/ QUOTE ]

I do! it just doesnt want to work this morning - bit like me i guess
tongue.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No I give in - my computer didn't freeze

Give me remus - is that the horse billey twomey used to ride or was that show me remus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes ! Give Me Remus has been placed in the Hickstead Derby, and is competed by Ben Maher these days
shocked.gif
His owner (Louise Minderman) was obviously taking him out for a 'hack' lol!