bt/tesco storage ideas please

princestar

Visit site
I need a storage area.

Most people on the yard have the old BT vans or Tesco vans. They're water tight, lockable door and have plenty of space for hay and rugs.

Where can I get one? Im no sure they are even called to search for...

Need to get one sorted for the winter months so I can buy enough hay and bedding etc.

Please let me if you have any idea of where to get one.

Thanks

pansy

Visit site
I am presuming you are talking abut the back of a box van - maybe call your local breakers yard - you may need a commercial yard (as in hgv) but they should be able to give you some contacts - the only other issue would be moving it -if you wanted a runner then there are some commercial vehicle sales magazines (a bit like autotrader)

princestar

Visit site
:biggrin3:I can't quite imagine what your yard must look like!

Hehe I know - just imagine all them lined up lol...
We have them round the back so theyre not seen from the yard lol...

Brilliant thanks everyone, they fit a lot of hay (about 30 bales for one horse) so can be stocked yeah so theyre good really as feed rugs hay etc can all be locked together

I'll have a look on ebay, should be ok to move as I can get owner to pick up or my uncle has a flT bed and we can use the tractor to move

Thank you

shellonabeach

Visit site
Hehe I know - just imagine all them lined up lol...
We have them round the back so theyre not seen from the yard lol...

Brilliant thanks everyone, they fit a lot of hay (about 30 bales for one horse) so can be stocked yeah so theyre good really as feed rugs hay etc can all be locked together

I'll have a look on ebay, should be ok to move as I can get owner to pick up or my uncle has a flT bed and we can use the tractor to move

Thank you

Mine has been a godsend! I rent a field, put up shelters but had no-where to put rugs / feed bins / headcollars etc. It is vermin proof and last year held strong when someone tried to break into it.

I got lucky with mine and the chap delivered it, it cost me £140 delivered :)

I have a queue of people waiting to buy it from me when I move next year!