Buddy at the Petplan Area Festival Myerscough - sorry long!

Hornby

Visit site
It has been my main aim since joining BD in January to qualify and compete at our local Area Festival and we were lucky enough to qualify at Prelim and Novice. So after lots of practise and trying to remember 2 tests (usually only do 1
blush.gif
) we set off yesterday.

I had nice times and we were gleaming clean. Unfortunately as I was tacking up the heavens opened and my immaculate white jods were not quite so neat on close inspection as I brushed them with the wet saddle flap when I did the girth.
mad.gif
We warmed in well, surrounded by beautiful, spooky warmbloods and lots of BYRDS gilets
blush.gif
(it was warm but I suppose we might not have realised without them
tongue.gif
).

In the prelim he kept forging (he is due to be shod next week and he does track up well, but the judges interpreted this as being on the forehand
frown.gif
) then in the canter transition he kicked against the spur and went on the wrong leg
mad.gif
(4 from both judges, comment "he is a character") but I was pleased with a score of 62.95% (both judges within 3 marks of each other).

BuddyPetplanPrelim.jpg

Novice test was very nice (IMHO) so I was a little disappointed with 60.52% but later saw that one judge had awarded 63.45% and the other 57.59% (17 marks difference!
confused.gif
). Ah well, the arenas looked lovely, Buddy was a star and 3 out of 4 judges gave a fair mark (we ended up in 10th place for the Novice so I did get a rosette and they are all the same colour, only the embossed tails are different).

BuddyPetplanNovice.jpg

The stunning warm bloods (4 years old but already with off the floor paces and an elementary uphill outline were placed at the top - they were lovely horses but not sure if I am wasting my time.....) Pics courtesy of Ken Ettridge (I have permission, I asked especially!
grin.gif
).

And just cos he is so handsome!
BuddyPetplanheadside.jpg

lizzieb

Visit site
Very well done of you to reach your aim for the year
smile.gif
He looks lovely. I find dressage is so subjective and to me seems to depend on which side of bed the judge got out of in the morning!

Befney3

Visit site
He's lovely & so clean! My boy never looks that clean. Massive well done on your placing.
grin.gif

I was there last night watching a friend in the Elementary & was giggling to myself at all the BYRDS jackets.
tongue.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Thanks for the nice comments, both...I suppose I would wear a BYRDS jacket if I was not 2 million years too old to qualify for one (and no-where near a good enough rider!
blush.gif
grin.gif
) but they are good and really don't need to advertise (IMHO!)
smile.gif

Alibear

Visit site
Really well done you, coming 10th is no mean feet and your chap is gorgeous.
I have yet to win even 1 point at BD so I take my hat off to you.

nokia

Visit site
hey you beat a lot of flashy warmbloods by coming 10th..and dont forget you where at the pet plan festival..not just an ordinary bd event...

Think u should give ur self more credit you have done really well.

Who was your judge at the show...we went to clive halsall for a lesson on sat why dont you go and see him he will soon have you motervated again.

Those BYRDS are just silly...last week at myscough a coloured cob won the prelim class beet all the flashy warmbloods in the BD...

Just depends on the judge on the day as to what they like

_jetset_

Visit site
Well done... he looks stunning!

I have a WB and we couldn't even get up the centre line!!!

Whereas my IDxTB managed to come 8th and didn't look at a single thing
smile.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Hi Nokia, the judges were Helen Bradley and Judith Harris in the Prelim and Mrs Leith and John Robinson in the Novice. I was pleased that I didn't embarrass myself but I would die of fright to have a lesson from Clive Halsall (bows! He judged the elementary and was tough with his marks from what I could see). Hurray for the coloured cob!
grin.gif

Hornby

Visit site
As you know, he is a true superstar and I love him to bits! Pleasure ride on Sunday this week as a nice change for us both!
grin.gif
(Thank you!
blush.gif
smile.gif
)

nokia

Visit site
hey go to clive he is really ace..he has his own school so its nice and private..helen bradley is a good judge very fair.

Are you going to barton tomoz night we are 7.30pm start can not waite...where you off to your fun ride..their r lots of cobs and horses with plenty of bone that are doing v well at affiliated level...do you know pam pricket she is also excellent instructor...we are off to pammy hutton next week do u fancy coming its on the friday in 2 weeks its at osbeldeston

Hornby

Visit site
Wow - some serious names there
blush.gif
I would be scared they would die laughing! (At me, more than the horse!). I have a lesson booked with Sarah Turner at Myerscough in November and I know a few people who rate Helen Bradley too, so will look into that. (The ride is local from Stalmine, will be nice, low pressure and lots of chat).
smile.gif
Hope you enjoy your outings.
grin.gif

nokia

Visit site
no they would not...ill look out 4 you when i am next at myerscough..iv got a coloured so we will easily see each other

LJ77

Visit site
well done!!!! i was there too in the Novice but didnt see you, think i was in my own little stressed world
blush.gif

great pics, i have some fab ones too courtesy of Ken.

i was also disappointed with my score - 59.8 (11th), as lately we have been getting consistently mid to high 60's. i think, as others have said on here, we have to take comfort in the fact it was a big competition, judged by Grade 2 judges, and so the standard was high!

didnt help that my boy decided the flowers at A were going to eat him, hence a few 4's! ah well, i still love him!!

Hornby

Visit site
Oh I wished I had known another HHOer was there - I didn't see anyone looking stressed
smile.gif
everyone else looked calm and focused!
smile.gif
Ken's pics are great, I like them to remember long after the judge's comments have faded!
cool.gif
To my observation horses that I know that were out and competing BD the week before were scoring 5 to 6% lower than usual (and I'm not whinging about me!) for the same test - so it was a high standard to reach.

Tiffany

Visit site
Well done on reaching your goal
smile.gif
By the way he looks fab
smile.gif
Think I might have seen you warming up although not sure? Just out of interest, who is your boy by?

Please tell he isn't always so clean?
laugh.gif
If he is what's your secret?
laugh.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Hi, I don't know his breeding unfortunately (or I would order a couple more like him!
grin.gif
), he is quite a clean chap but we also have a lot of rugs (and tail wraps and shampoo to help too
tongue.gif
)