Building a new manège - can you recommend a great company?

HappyNeds

Visit site
Following in from my previous thread (about Maple Arenas)...
...Which company is best to build a new manège?

It's a private 20x40 manège, happy to pay reasonable/fair cost, but want something well-built to last, and a good finish to the overall job.

Anyone got any suggestions of great companies they've used?

Thank you :):):)

Last edited:

Nicnac

Visit site
Don't know where you are but I used Peter Miller who works across South East about 12 years ago - it wasn't cheap but is fantastic.

HappyNeds

Visit site
Don't know where you are but I used Peter Miller who works across South East about 12 years ago - it wasn't cheap but is fantastic.

Thanks Nicnac, I've tried googling him but can't find him, do you have a number or website or something like that for him? Many thanks

Nicnac

Visit site
Here you go:
PETER MILLER EQUESTRIAN SERVICES
Stable bases, drainage and arenas.
Contact Peter Miller 01892 838458 ; Mobile 07889 139870

FollyFarmEC

www.follyfarmec.co.uk
We used Martin Collins clopf would highly recommend them. http://www.mceltd.com/

I would highly NOT recommend them, apart from the fact you would not be able to afford them building the arena (unless your pretty rich) their post customer service is horrible. you want to look for a good contractor who has done other arenas in your area, but dont rule out combi-ride (maple) for the surface product, it's worth looking into even though you are using someone else to build it.

you can PM me for details about Clopf and why it will work for some and not for others if you like

foraday

Visit site
Ascot Arenas

Paul was brilliant! Stayed the whole time and got everything right!

After sales service was second to none as well!

mountainview22

Visit site
Whatever you do, if they offer to tarmac your driveway after building the menage (on phone, can't spell it tidy) send them on their way ;)

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
We used Total Equestrian Construction for ours - Steve Keen is a rider himself and his daughter competes, so he is well qualified to advise on all aspects. His team was brilliant, everything was well planned, ran to time and budget and I cannot fault any aspect of the work.
www.teconstruction.co.uk
01380 818216

Good luck and enjoy. :D

HappyNeds

Visit site
Massive recommendation for Colin Crump at Aztec Arenas

We used Total Equestrian Construction for ours

Thanks Darkly_Dreaming_Dex and Sprout for these 2 recommendations, we are within the radius that Colin Crump works in, so I've contacted him for a quote (left a message and he will be calling me back this evening), and I've emailed Total Equestrian Construction for them to contact me too.

Thanks to everyone for the Martin Collins warning, I do appreciate the benefit of your experience - and sorry you've had a bad experience :(

wispa

Visit site
I can highly recommend both premier arenas (jonathan) and equestrian direct (liz or joanne).

Both are excellent companies

LynH

Visit site
Has anyone used Kenward Groundworks for their arena? I've had recommendations for their stable bases etc but haven't heard anything either way about arenas.

Mainland

Visit site
If you are confident in your knowledge of the processes involved in constructing an arena you could save thousands by getting a groundworks company in and project managing yourself. Afterall, the majority of what goes into arena construction is basic groundwork.

Bubbles

Visit site
What Mainland said. At least one of the companies recommended here has had legal action taken against them after a new build 30k arena was deemed unsafe to ride on

Moobucket

Visit site
KLH every time! :D

They completely transformed my place in about half a day and the arena is stunning. They are a husband and wife team and they really love what they do and never stop working. They did loads of extras too for no extra cost. Keith is a perfectionist.

http://www.klhukarenas.co.uk/

You pay for what you get with arenas tho. I had to have a little sit down when I first got their quote but I do expect it to last me and most of my liveries out so if you think of it in those terms its a bargain.

0ldmare

Visit site
I'm with NicNac, I used Peter Miller and its fantastic. Mine is now 14 years old and has had the surface topped up once or twice, but never ever floods or gets deep and rides brilliantly. It also never freezes and still looks as though it was just installed. Really good service.

cobden99

Visit site
Another recommendation for KLH they are a fantastic team and did an amazing job. Reasonable price as well and did lots of extras - transformed the place really !

Visit site
Hi, last year I finally decided it was time to put in a manege at home. I'd had one built some year's ago at my old yard and knew the pitfalls and potential disappointments I faced in terms of workmanship/professionalism of those actually building the thing, not to mention the end result. The "big names" duly came down and quoted me a price and by chance I called Premier Arena's - best thing I've done in years. They delivered exactly what they promised and impressed from start to finish with their professionalism and teamwork. As a former Sales & Marketing Manager of a high end construction company, I'm a bit of a stickler for detail so if Premier Arena's can deliver the result I asked for I am sure they can do the same for you! Speak to Jonathan.....