Bum, bum and yet more bum! Totally bummed out!

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Right, cast your minds back to about 10 days ago, when I was asked to school on a mare for someone (a little girl called Tere whose parents have bought unsuitable horse after unsuitable horse) to sell on and hopefull recoup the stupid sum they paid for her. She had acquired a nasty rushing/bolting habit when jumping.
If you recall (and I don't blame you if you don't
smile.gif
) I expressed doubts as to the soundness of said mare as she was very short in front and had a suspiciously enlarged (but cold) fetlock, especially since they wanted her to jump.
ANYWAYS, the family assured me that she was fine, etc, etc, but being of a suspicious nature and as the vet was at the yard this morning, took the opportunity to ask about said fetlock (this IS the mare's usual vet)
"What fetlock?" replied the vet, complete with quizzical expression.
Somewhat taken aback I led vet to horse and pointed, vet picked up horse's leg, flexed the fetlock joint... in fact FAILED to achieve ANY noticeable flexion.
I then asked a rather stupid question, pretty much knowing what the answer would be... "Can she jump?"
"Well, i certainly wouldn't recommend it..."
So there you have it, the eejits have bought a broken down mare (from the Spawn of Satan Instructor, I hasten to add) for 6 times (not a typo) what SoS paid for her a month or so earlier.
Anyway, I'm now bummed out because I have to break the news that the horse will never jump, and that basically it's knackered and NOT going to get any better, and I'm also bummed out because I nice additional bit of income is NOT coming my way
frown.gif

People are so bl**dy stupid!!

JAK

Visit site
For once, even I am struggling to think of something to say PF - except, what complete & utter kn*bheads!
tongue.gif

Can they not ask you to help find them something suitable for this unfortunate child?
crazy.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
Theres never a shortage of MUGS in the horse world. Poor mare, hate to think what her future will hold for her!!!! People get what they deserve, horses have no choice. Sad. Mairi.
frown.gif

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OMG!! Is this the same girl that they bought the HUGE (rather ugly) horse for???

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm, Snowberry - you said the 'U' word!
shocked.gif

Yes, poor old Napoleon - what happened to him eventually PF?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
OMG!! Is this the same girl that they bought the HUGE (rather ugly) horse for???

[/ QUOTE ]
You remember them then!! Yep, same peeps

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe recommend the next horse they buy is vetted to save them misery???

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, certainly will! But you know what makes them even MORE stupid? Fabian TOLD them not to buy her because he could tell she wasn't right, especially for the money they paid.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
On a more positive note Tere will no longer be taking lessons with SoS (as even her severely myopic parents can tell she's not improved in her riding) and is coming back to BOF (even though she left because he yelled too much... heck, he yells at everyone!) I think BOF's got a horse in mind for her.

Snowberry

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, Snowberry - you said the 'U' word!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops - how do you say ugly in a more politically correct way??
tongue.gif
What did happen to him? I bet he's turned from Ugly Duckling to beautiful swan (quickly covering my arse!!
laugh.gif
)

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Napoleon has had a bit of luck and has been bought by someone who now SJs him. I saw him at a show a couple of months ago and after a refusal at the first, he jumped a lovely round so I was rather proud of him
smile.gif
Shame no one knows I popped him over his first cross poles... *sniff*

ruscara

Visit site
Maybe because I am feeling a little down today, this story has had me in tears.
frown.gif
Poor mare. It is the total injustice of this whole thing, I think. And the fact that people like SoS are GETTING AWAY WITH DOING THINGS LIKE THIS!!!
mad.gif

And the poor child, as well, of course. I can just visualise her trying to get to grips with the horses her stupid parents are buying her, having lessons with a totally incompetent teacher, and still (presumably) hanging on to her love for and enthusiasm for horses.
I do hope that BOF can find her the 'right' horse at long last. And that the poor mare has some sort of future ahead of her.

ETS: And, of course, you PF and your lost project.
frown.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Well, she might get sold on to another mug... Actually, I think she would be fine as a quiet hack, so perhaps someone will buy her for that. She's also a nice quiet for kids, but will never jump (except if they find some sadistic basstad to do it, because I won't!)

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
What I really hope will happen is that the mare gets sold on to some family who wants a quiet ride for their kids to potter round on, and that Tere's parents get a horse recommended by BOF, BUT that they should also make sure that said horse is properly schooled and worked for Tere (who is absolutely TINY) so she can manage it properly...
They bought Tornado on BOF's say so a couple of years ago, and even though he was only 4 at the time he went brilliantly for Tere until they started him (unnecessarily) on oats, and not working him enough and he developed a rather nasty rearing habit
Fortunately for Tornado a nice girl has bought him and is learning to jump on him.

JAK

Visit site
I'm glad to hear Napoleon has found a home & a 'job' - I hope they're kind to him! At least all the work you put into him gave him the chance to find a decent home PF, so all credit to you there!
smile.gif

Hope the poor little mare finds a loving home somewhere too - shame you're on another continent - I'd be sending YO over with the trailer otherwise! We'd give her some TLC!