Burgham - course inspection

Joss

Visit site
I hope they make a swift & certain decision. We were planning to leave lunchtime tomorrow.

Does anyone else find it a bit of pain in the what-not having so many websites where you 'might' find announcements of inspections etc. There is no mention on BDWP or on Burgham's own website or tomorrow's inspection. You have to go to BE or Burgham's facebook page to find out the info.

Goldenstar

Visit site
We are ten minutes away it poured all night we are completly waterlogged I will be amazed if they can hold it but it's supposed to be dry tomorrow .

Custard Cream

Visit site
It's absolutely chucked it down here all day so far, with more to come. I will be amazed if it is going ahead. I think they will try and run Friday and then the rest will be culled.

Sarah_K

Visit site
Just driven from Morpeth to Alnwick and went through bands of heavy rain, less heavy rain and drizzle. Had a whole 2 minutes with no rain in Alnwick.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
It is the fact they say this

"Please note that the Burghley Young Event Horse Qualifiers will continue if the main event is cancelled."

That makes me think they are definitely considering having to cancel :(

I too have heard several people say now Friday will run and the rest be cancelled

AnShanDan

Visit site
It is the fact they say this

"Please note that the Burghley Young Event Horse Qualifiers will continue if the main event is cancelled."

That makes me think they are definitely considering having to cancel :(

I too have heard several people say now Friday will run and the rest be cancelled

Seems a bit unfair on those that entered the original weekend dates to run only Friday and then pull the rest, especially if there is not much more rain.

VRIN

Visit site
Who is saying Friday will run but rest cancelled?? Is it people to do with organisers?

Sarah_K

Visit site
Goldenstar- not sure where you are but I'm 10 mins north of Burgham and it's..... SUNNY! :)

Hope you can see that odd yellow disc in the sky too.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just an update from the weather girl at the GS hacienda it's not rained since my last post and I definatly saw a hint of blue sky just before ,that's a record for this week hope it's on for you all and good luck and have fun if it's going ahead.

punk

Visit site
Who is saying Friday will run but rest cancelled?? Is it people to do with organisers?

Well whoever is saying it , it probably isn't verified, and in my opinion, it shouldn't be the case.

The facts are that the Saturday and Sunday are the 'proper' event as scheduled. The Friday was added on as a very kind gesture to BE and competitors because Aske had to cancel.

Therefore, if anthing has to be cancelled, it should be the 'added on' classes on Friday. Of course this would not be popular with the people who have already rerouted from Gatcombe etc, but it is the only fair way IMHO:D:eek:

Not only that, but the weather forecast for the next few days is for better, drier weather, so there is more chance of the ground having dried up by Saturday/Sunday, thus letting those classed (and parking) go ahead without too much trouble and damage to ground etc.

Not quite sure why I am saying this as we have one entered for Friday's Intermediate - and our other one is entered for Sunday's BE100 but will probably withdraw as has not had a run since Brechin (due to cancellations) and really needs a BE90 run first!!!!:eek: Just seems the most logical and fair way to do things though.:)

Goldenstar

Visit site
Don't know who she heard it from its a bit late to text her now.
You certainly could not hold a horse trial here on Friday , but a mile can make difference to the ground.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Did text her I fear she will be right she's always on the inside track but she's not letting on how she knows.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Agree with punk about Friday verses the weekend another twenty four hours can make all the difference and the forecast is better.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Well they are certainly till acting like it is going ahead. Just got a text with my start times through and putting pictures on Facebook. Cannot possibly see they will cancel Friday and let Saturday run (I think they will give the bigger classes priority regardless of it it is fair or not) there is also talk of 500 SJers going presumably they will be on site from later today too. It is amazing how quickly ground can go from looking ok to a mudbath when you are talking those kind of numbers and the following spectators all parking, riding and walking about.

I guess we will know for sure later toay....!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Well they are certainly till acting like it is going ahead. Just got a text with my start times through and putting pictures on Facebook. Cannot possibly see they will cancel Friday and let Saturday run (I think they will give the bigger classes priority regardless of it it is fair or not) there is also talk of 500 SJers going presumably they will be on site from later today too. It is amazing how quickly ground can go from looking ok to a mudbath when you are talking those kind of numbers and the following spectators all parking, riding and walking about.

I guess we will know for sure later toay....!

I will strangle my source if she's rumour spreading but she usually trustworthy .
My fields are waterlogged I am higher up ( a little ) than Burgham but we have been having localised cloud bursts spoke to my mum on Tuesday it was poring with us but she was just having light rain.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I will strangle my source if she's rumour spreading but she usually trustworthy .
My fields are waterlogged I am higher up ( a little ) than Burgham but we have been having localised cloud bursts spoke to my mum on Tuesday it was poring with us but she was just having light rain.

Well I am a long way west so no point comparing with here - you definitely would not want to gallop in our fields at the moment :eek:
There are definitely a lot of rumours floating about which I daresay we will find out of true or not this morning!!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I won't really strangle her perhaps just bash her round the head with a used boot sock , might be nicer to be strangled !
I hope it goes ahead for you all you could not do it here but small differences in area and soil types can make big differences its been dry overnight sky is grey but looks like it will stay dry today.
Looks like it was a good call to take the shoes off my new project and get his feet sorted this summer .
It's the worse summer for completing I can remember.

punk

Visit site
Friday 'off' (but might run Monday), Sat and Sun going ahead!!

They must have read my post above!!:rolleyes: