Burgham - course inspection

Hacked_Off

Visit site
The latest fb status from their page - 'British Eventing has just given the go-ahead for this weekend's BE90, BE100 and Novice classes on Saturday and Sunday. However, tomorrow's Intermediate and Open Intermediate classes have been postponed and at present we hope to run them on Monday. All British Showjumping for the three days has been cancelled. The Burghley Dubarry Young Event Horse qualifiers have been moved to the nearby Todburn Equestrian Centre. The Companion Dog Show will run Saturday and Sunday as planned. There will unfortunately therefore be no action tomorrow (Friday). The organisers have done everything to ensure the event went ahead in full, but the effects of persistent heavy rain have led to the decision to cancel British Showjumping classes on safety grounds. We will be putting out more information as soon as we have it. Thanks for your patience and understanding, and many messages of support. David Nicholson, Event Director.'

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I am rather concerned that the ground has been deemed unfit for ANY BSJA SJ for health and safety reasons but they seem to think the BE event can go ahead okay?:confused:

VRIN

Visit site
Do we have any unofficial info for sat classes?? Golden star does your source have any info??

Joss

Visit site
DarkhorseB I will be quizzing you on conditions at the end of Saturday. We 'could' at a push make it for Monday but would be utterly furious if we head over (a good 5 hours) on Sun afternoon to have Monday called off or if it runs & everywhere is a quagmire............. Oh what to do. Spent all this morning packing up, grrrr blooming weather.

Blair had better be utterly gorgeous, this summer owes us one;)

DarkHorseB

Visit site
DarkhorseB I will be quizzing you on conditions at the end of Saturday. We 'could' at a push make it for Monday but would be utterly furious if we head over (a good 5 hours) on Sun afternoon to have Monday called off or if it runs & everywhere is a quagmire............. Oh what to do. Spent all this morning packing up, grrrr blooming weather.

Blair had better be utterly gorgeous, this summer owes us one;)

I am very doubtful I will go Joss. It is just too far to go to find I wouldn't run him XC anyway. We don't SJ till nearly 5pm.
Just cannot get my head round why not ok for BSJA (for any day) but ok for BE Saturday but not Friday for the bigger classes. The amount of rain there has been would need more than one day to significantly improve in my experience...

ClassicG&T

Visit site
Is the BS not higher in height, dangerous for taking off and landing? No idea why BS is canceled and BE not though?
The BYEH has been moved to Todburn to use the surface for jumping and field for dressage

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Is the BS not higher in height, dangerous for taking off and landing? No idea why BS is canceled and BE not though?
The BYEH has been moved to Todburn to use the surface for jumping and field for dressage

The BSJA started at British Novice (90cm) and went up from there. For some eventers jumping 90cm is more taxing than a SJer jumping 1.40m ;):p:D

soupdragon71

Visit site
In theory I should be there tomorrow afternoon to set up tradestand. If I get that far I will let you all know what ground is like. Have heard from another tradestand holder that I should get over there early tomorrow as ground is soft but I'm not moving until I hear what inspection's decision is - I'm only 2 hours away but that's still a lot of fuel if it's abandoned!! Really feel for organisers as they are desperate to run and fill in for all the abandoned events.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I am sorry for my post last night have beaten my source with the used boot sock she Is presently recovering in a vat of febreze I am still amazed they can run it just shows the difference a couple of miles can make.

punk

Visit site
''Does anyone else find it a bit of pain in the what-not having so many websites where you 'might' find announcements of inspections etc.''

AnShanDan

Visit site
I have to say I thought that the bjsa being off was to preserve the ground for the BE show jumping?? Maybe?? Giving the course builders more room to move the jumps and even the ring around between classes?
The ground will be drying all the time and the forecast is good, so here's hoping that all of us who are going enjoy and appreciate it!!
I'm off to pack up this morning, got one on sat and one on sunday very late, so will have plenty of time to watch :D

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I have to say I thought that the bjsa being off was to preserve the ground for the BE show jumping?? Maybe??

Hmmm I am not as convinced they would cancel 500 SJers (including John and Ellen Whitaker etc) due to jump over 3 days and maybe bring in a lot of spectators just so that the lower level BE classes could go ahead!!;)

leflynn

Visit site
Another inspection at 12 for Saturday/Sunday's classes so we'll see! They've reopened Monday for more entries too....

Weather seems rather pleasant today so you never know