Burghley admission fees..................

Heidi1

Visit site
Ok folks what did you think to the admission fees......
shocked.gif

If I didn't work for Burhgley HT it would of cost me £144, 2 people over all four days, the price is crazy.........Do you think they are taking the p**s a little with the price they charge.............
crazy.gif

SSM

Visit site
See my second post re dogs at Burghley - I would not have gone if BD could not have come - maybe they should charge for dogs too!

lizzieuk1

Visit site
totally agree, bl**dy expernsive, prob the reason i chose to watch it on tv, considering gatcombe was only £17 for the whole w/end i think they are def taking the pee. charging parking and admisison is just way over the top, i could cope with one or the other but not both, think we should all write and complain.

sammys ma

Visit site
yep, i think it was ridiculous.....especially the £10 parking for 1 day!

It also peed me off that even though I had pre-purchased tickets, including parking, we had to wait in the same huge, long admission queue along with people who were buying them on the day?

Surely there should have been a seperate line/entrance for pre-purchased tickets....otherwise, what's the point???
mad.gif

BBs

Visit site
Its absolutely shocking!

I went for the 4 days one yaer - cost us £19 to get in on dressage day and then we had to pay to watch it
shocked.gif
that was rather expensive just to go shopping IMO

lizzieuk1

Visit site
also had same prob with having to queue at gatcombe with a pre purchased ticket seems pointless prebooking if you still have to queue. oh don't get me started on the fact that you have to pay to park, pay to get in and then to top it off pay for grandstand seats when it's bloody dressage day anyway, i mean why else would you be paying to get in otgher than to sit in the grandstand tho watch the flippihng dressage, you're hardly going top just wander aroung the place aimlessly!!!!!!

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
I agree way over the top - didn't put too many people off thought can't believe the amount of spectators there. Mind you we got in for free - not on purpose there just wasn't anyone selling tickets, nobody at the gate, a young lad showed us to parking but wasn't selling tickets then we thought we would buy them as we walked into trade stands but there wasn't anyone there either, maybe they sold out?

H-J

www.piczo.com
Crikey you got away without paying!! Good on you and I would do the same, but you would have thought it would have been better run so you had to pay!!

As we pulled in we all put our money together £66 then was told it was £76 couldnt believe the £10 parking. £76 to watch for a few hours and walk round the shops.

And the price of the food!! £1.50 for a bottle of water how much???!!!!!

severnmiles

Visit site
I don't think its over priced at all.

That £144 was for two over 4 days so it doesn't work out at too much. If you compare that to going to watch an evening at HOYS or Olympia then I think thats alot more expensive!

filly190

Visit site
I think they have out priced themselves. For a start years ago there used to be loads of tack shops, now the price to put a stand there for the event is far out of the sole traders reach.

The bargins are no longer, the choice of horsey buys are limited. And yes the entry fee is disgusting, how many people have not been able to afford to go.

I feel that if a campaign were started, ie complaints to the organsiers, next year we may have a better show

icestationzebra

Visit site
Can't agree enough. A group of us went this weekend and I worked out what it cost us - extortionate really especially as circumstances dictated that we met at Burghley and therefore had three cars there! That aside, £5 for a burger and £2 for a cup of lemonade was way over the top too! I find it hard to defend eventing against those critics that claim it is elitist. The cost of going to Burghley for the weekend would preclude a lot of people from going and in my opinion does nothing to widen the appeal of the sport.
frown.gif

SJFAN

Visit site
Nothing to do with the admission fees, but I can never understand why people don't take their own refreshments. This solves the problems of the high prices and queuing. You have the food you want when you want it.

Jiffy

photobucket.com
Yes I agree with you. £10 for the parking is ridiculous and the organisation seemed to be lacking in some areas compared to other events.

The traffic-jam on leaving the event about 6.30pm was made worse by having only one line of traffic and 1 steward to direct you in the right direction. I was really annoyed being sent down the A1 & then left to find my own route due to lack of signs instead of being routed to the A43.

Also disappointed there was little commentary and no radio headset broadcast either. I wouldn't rush to go again next year.

A different discipline, but I spent about £66 on a season ticket last year for the Dublin Horse Show. A 5 day ticket with grandstand seat next to the Presidents' box & International show-jumping in the main arena every day (in addition to at least 3 other rings). That was a bargain!

alisonpook

Visit site
If you buy a membership pack (£120) this will get 2 people in for each of the 4 days plus forward car park, entry to members section in stands for Thursday & Friday dressage plus entry to members enclosure with close circuit TV all 4 days. My sister could not go this year so managed to buy myself a 4 day Members guest pass for £31 off E-bay (ie all above privileges except the car park pass) and then paid £25 for a 4 day car pass when I arrived.