Burghley - bright idea needed please!

icestationzebra

Visit site
I have a bit of a dilemma for tomorrow - can anyone help?

Basically I have 2 tickets for tomorrow, the second ticket is for my friend who is driving up from Sussex. I am grabbing a lift with friends and travelling from the North. I am likely to arrive at least 2 hours before she does - how on earth do I get her ticket to her? Is there any way to avoid hanging around the gate trying to work out where her car is likely to appear and running after it like a loony :confused::rolleyes:

Any ideas?
:)

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Put it in an envelope and place it in a secret hiding place on the way down to the gates?

Speak VERY nicely to the ticket people at the entrance and leave it with them with her name on the envelope? (and make sure she uses the same entrance).

Take your OH with you and leave him standing on the road down to the main entrance to hand the ticket over, then leave him to hitch hike home?

Ummmmmm - running out of ideas now...... :p

icestationzebra

Visit site
Put it in an envelope and place it in a secret hiding place on the way down to the gates?

Knowing my luck shortly after placing envelope in very secret place a gale force wind will pick up and blow it away, or it will tip down with rain and completely dissolve it OR it will be eaten by wild pigs :eek:

Speak VERY nicely to the ticket people at the entrance and leave it with them with her name on the envelope? (and make sure she uses the same entrance).
Will try this one first :)

Take your OH with you and leave him standing on the road down to the main entrance to hand the ticket over, then leave him to hitch hike home?

Did think of asking him to stand on the hard shoulder of the A1 just south of Burghley in a high vis jacket to ensure that she found him but he didn't seem particularly keen and muttered something about having to go to work and anyone who wants to go to Burghley and watch dressage is mad....:eek:

Ummmmmm - running out of ideas now...... :p

Might see you there tomorrow MM:D