Burghley PC ODE/ areas- who's going?

Lolo

Visit site
The times are now up, and our fingers are very crossed that it'll run the non-area classes! Al and Reg are in the non-area intermediate PC class, with their dressage at 3ish so a late start for us :D

Really looking forward to it as it was such a good course last year- although how they could beef it up for areas I don't know as we felt it was at the upper end of level 4 ODEs as it was! Maybe fewer learner fences?!

dafthoss

Visit site
Nope :( wanted to but pony's being a bit of a poop at the moment. Our last xc run was horrible and he would have walked if he could and I'm not going to risk it over bigger fences yet.

If team reggie need any more supporters I might come watch as would be intresting to see what the 90 is like for next year.

Lolo

Visit site
14th July for the 1m and 1.10m classes, and 15th for the 90cm classes :) It's an awesome venue with a brilliant XC course so probably really good for photos.

FlipFlop5

Visit site
I wish! This is the first time in about 5 years we havent been :( Have got to be back for work at 6 and was planning to do the non pc intermediate so no chance... Blooming areas!
Good luck to everyone going and hope the ground holds out, its a fab event :)

Shazbat

Visit site
My daughter is there Sunday afternoon in the non PC class hopefully. Is there any talk of them not running the non PC classes? We were really hoping to run especially as we heard today that we had been ballotted out of Carlton which would have been our first BE this year!

Lolo

Visit site
I'm there sat afternoon, my Dr is about 3pm too....will prob only be dressage and sjing though.....we will see!

We'll wave then! The XC ground stood up really well last year- there were torrential downpours all day (as in, hard enough rain to make it hard to see...) but the ground was still fine to go on and Al was last in her class.

Lolo

Visit site
Yeah its not down to ground cobditicobditio

Cobditicobditio?

I have full course photos from last year if you like. It was Reg's second or third run at that level and although it was a big test, there were lots of learner fences too and so he got round fairly well.

KatB

Visit site
Sorry tried to edit/re-reply last night, but phone was having none of it!

It's not the ground conditions which will stop me running, just a combination of question marks and lack of prep! We will see....

Lolo

Visit site
We've decided to withdraw- there's been so much rain, and there'll be a lot of people in the SJ arena/ warmup before Reg goes in and last year the surface got so deep it was adding 6 inches to fences in places. His confidence SJ is pretty fragile still and it's so close to our area eventing it's not worth the risk of scaring him. Hope you have a good day though, love the event!

Lolo

Visit site
Yeah- the warm up was just foul as well. Reg stopped 3 times at a small crosspole (he's not a horse who stops unless he's genuinely scared) in the warm up as the ground was so cut up and slippy. In the arena he was okay, but it was deep and very twisty- he got 8 faults and that was average in his section. But equally, he was very inexperienced at that level and your girl isn't and the horses who were more solid at SJ did fine...

TheoryX1

Visit site
No, as not our PC Area and Mini TX is only doing Area dressage, but do love hearing all the PC Area reports this time of the year. Summer aint summer without a PC Area report, followed by all the Nationals reports, of course.

Good luck to those of you going though, hope its not rained off and lots of pics to those that get there.

Lolo

Visit site
Not ours either- we are well travelled in our pursuit of finding non-BE events! Think Al's made the right decision, going to try and find some SJ on a surface for a final confidence boost before next week's area eventing. (we're area 8, Burghley is area 6)

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Ah ok, was the sjing on a surface last year too? Doesn't sound ideal.... We may just be dressaging then!

Warm up isnt 100% great, but they have enough space to move the fences about. Surface isn't too bad... we managed our only clear in the intermediate there last year, so im sure you'll be fine! Make sure you stud up for the SJ

FlipFlop5

Visit site
483382_3962236188778_740311128_n.jpg

Friend walked the course earlier..... this is the worst of it!

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Friend but some pics on fb for the open tomorrow. She said the rest has held up fairly well including sj warm up, only concern is getting in the carparks but Burghley pc seem to have it covered.

Can remember about 3 years they took the Dell out comletely when it was half as bad as it is now, not sure why they've still got it in?!

Good luck for tomorrow if you're going

Lolo

Visit site
Mine is running in the Int tomorrow with a friend as I've been ill so I'll be up from lunchtime tomorrow. Praying the ground stays half decent.

Your horse was following Al round the XC! Good luck, hope it holds up to the number of competitors, really sad we can't go as it was our favourite event last year.

Lolo

Visit site
I'm pretty bright :p No, I message your friend to say see you there, you're following Al round and she messaged back saying who she was riding for and so I guessed from there- you've posted about your horse before and he's got a fairly unique name.

I'm quite odd about remembering stuff like names of horses through years of having to memorise 40 odd children's names and the relevant pony for camps and it's stuck fast as a skill... Totally useless skill- my brain is a mine of information about random stuff I'll never be examined on.

popsdosh

Visit site
I am 10 miles so of there I cannot see how they will be able to run we have flooding in the fields we have not seen in 20 years it has rained all night.
Is still raining!!!!

Shazbat

Visit site
Has anyone been and walked the novice course for tomorrow yet? Spoke to the organisers at around 12pm and they said the course was holding up well.
However the cross country had only been going for about 1 hr and I just wonder what it will be like by this time tomorrow. We are still not sure whether to withdraw or not.