Burnham Beeches - Anyone going? Ground conditions?

jennystreek

Visit site
Is anyone going to Burnham Beeches next saturday? Im going to do the intro - have the foggiest idea what the course is like...hard or easier?

also praying so much that it is going to rain before then as the ground round us is like concrete at the moment.....considering withdrawing if it stays so hard
confused.gif

seaofdreams

Visit site
yes i live down the road from snowball and hacked past it on Wednesday and the ground is solid, i have pulled my mare out of a comp on sunday because the ground is just to hard i'm not risking it
good luck if you go, i might pop down to see what is happening, mouse isn't ready for it this yr, but i hope to start her eventing career next year.
Hx

lizzie_liz

Visit site
am 20 minutes away and the ground is like concrete near us, but at least the SJ is on a surface.
sister has withdrawn from the novice as the horse is lame.

seaofdreams

Visit site
i'm in Taplow and even trotting through the woods is like trotting on the roads!!
i was going to do the Working Hunter with Mouse at BCA tommorow but i have pulled her out, i am still riding a friends horse in the coloured ridden thou but ground is concrete.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
am off up to BCA tomorrow too, 5 minutes from our yard, could you get much closer without being at the venue!
am doing the dressage up there and thankfully its on a surface but am doing the 95 and 1m jumping!
but the ground is sooo hard.

please rain

seaofdreams

Visit site
i will be in the coloured ridden on a cob, who i have never sat on before!!!
i was ment to be doing the dressage and working hunter on Mouse but i forgot to enter the dressage before i went on holiday and so i decided not to go with her at all and just ride my friends cob which is a bit mad i havent even see him go before!!
what yard do you keep ure horses at?
the ground is just crazy i don't remember it ever being this hard as you say please rain,
good Luck for tommorow
helen x

jennystreek

Visit site
yipee!! It absolutely bucketed down this morning (in orpington, kent)...........hopefully it did the same at Snowball Farm? Wishful thinking!

Im doing the intro on saturday - section B
smile.gif