Busy weekend report- XC schooling plus show

Lyle

Visit site
Feeling pretty chuffed with my spunky grey boy, he just keeps exceeding my expectations! :eek:

It's been bucketing so much this winter, it basically hasn't let up for 3 or 4 months and it's getting a little frustrating, bring back the drought I say! It's getting difficult to school XC any where, as all the courses are closed :( It rained and rained and rained all week, and I was pretty worried about getting the boy out to have his first look at XC before the show on sunday, where I was hoping to enter the Hunter Trials. Well, the rain let up and I managed to go for a XC hoon on Saturday. Cruzy was an absolute star, and loved every minute of it!

There was quite a bit of this:
picture.php

and 'cos I can
picture.php

This was his first attempt at the water :p

[youtube]xkRm-bgNWeQ[/youtube]
Very happyyyy :eek:

He was scrubbed and plaited and on Sunday I took him to the Oaklands hunt club hunter show, which had a massive array of classes, from qualified hunter plate, show hunter, hack classes, working hunter, showjumping, hunter trials and the PC showing ring.

Cruzy hasn't been out in public for 9 weeks, he's only been to lessons in a nice private environment and he was rather unhappy about the other horses charging about the warm-up. It took him a little while to settle but he came good and jumped a super round in the 90cm 2-phase

[youtube]EEaFZFVRJUA[/youtube]

I did the novice working hunter (which was 60cm :eek:) and Mr Cruze managed a place out of a big class, which was pretty cool.

Then to finish, we embarked on the challenge of the novice hunter trials, with fences a max of 75cm. In short, he was a legend! His first time on a real course with heaps of space, and he was lovely to ride, just felt a little astonished at times! Mum got the first few fences on video before she lost me and started to film the sky

[youtube]SDUuJX6fYog[/youtube]

Sorry for the long gushy post, I'm jsut very pleased that I will have something to event this season :D

BeckyD

Visit site
Wahey! Must have been great to get out and about what with all that rain - seems to be a global phenomenon at the moment?!

Well done for the placings! Enjoy your season!

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
Apart from the floods in Feb I've manage to avoid all this rain and have had quite a plesant winter :p
I contemplated travelling down to the Oaklands show but was too lazy in the end!
Have you been out with the hunt?

Crusy looks very brave with the water! and very smart in the SJing. I hope you have lots of fun with him now the rain is meant to be drying up.

Lyle

Visit site
Wahey! Must have been great to get out and about what with all that rain - seems to be a global phenomenon at the moment?!

Well done for the placings! Enjoy your season!

Yes, the rain has been ridiculous! I know over your side of the world it's been causing havoc!

Apart from the floods in Feb I've manage to avoid all this rain and have had quite a plesant winter :p
I contemplated travelling down to the Oaklands show but was too lazy in the end!
Have you been out with the hunt?

Crusy looks very brave with the water! and very smart in the SJing. I hope you have lots of fun with him now the rain is meant to be drying up.

Thank you, he's a very fun horse, seems to take everything in his stride.

I haven't hunted :p It's on the to do list, might have to bring my ex eventer out of retirement for that!

I hope the rain eases too, but alas, rain forecast all this week :(

Princess Jess

Visit site
Glad to hear you managed to escape the rain for a little while at least!
Sounds like your boy is coming on so well, can't wait to see what he gets up to next :)