Butterflies!

mini_b

Visit site
A few butterflies, but I saw a lot of bumblebees the other day which was a nice surprise!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The biggest dragon fly I’ve ever seen flew into the house yesterday! Luckily it did a circuit and safely back out. Gorgeous. I haven’t seen many butterflies.

Lexi_

Visit site
Not too many round here (quite urban) but we went for a walk up on Barbury Castle last weekend while we were staying down there and I’ve never seen so many butterflies in one place!

coblets

Visit site
Not as many as 'thousands', but definitely seeing more butterflies than usual here (S.E, round London) - and more of a variety of species.

Asha

Visit site
I noticed this the other day, im seeing them on a daily basis now, as well as bees. Weve been planting lots of flowers around the yard so its great to see our efforts are worth it.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
No more dragonflies than any other year, but then there are no natural ponds or streams nearby and very few garden ponds (I know of only one within a radius of 500 metres).

Plenty of bumblebees, solitary bees and a fair few violet carpenter bees. I'm not so good at identifying butterflies, but there are plenty of cabbage whites and what I think are tortoiseshells.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
you can all have my cabbage whites, they have decided that my veggie raised beds are the place to be. silly me i saved one from the dog this morning and yesterday saved one which was trapped in some netting, i could really do with them moving on though....

Birker2020

Visit site
Anybody else seeing thousands in the hedgerows this weekend? Dragonflies too.
Don't think I have ever seen such variety and numbers. Not sure if it is pesticide restrictions or just the odd weather but great to see.
Yes I have seen loads more than usual all of a sudden.

I've also seen 3 dead hedgehogs since Friday, so not sure what's happening and whether it can be attributed to our crazy weather.

tda

Visit site
Yes, seen a few cabbage whites, a light brown , tortoiseshell? And this which I think might be a moth?

Attachments

• 20210714_095923.jpg
    20210714_095923.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 9