Buy my monster

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Up for grabs:

7 year old Welsh D. As of last Thursday appears to have developed servere memory loss and has forgotten everything he's been taught over the last two years. Brain not working but front legs still capable of impressive handstands.

Also is having an identity crisis and has convinced himself he's a 3 year old stallion.

Comes with a belly full of spring grass and all the presents I've bought him for his birthday next week which he now doesn't deserve.

Bids start at £1 ;)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I've got a spare button for a shirt I don't own anymore and a packet of custard creams - will that buy him?

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
Would you like a swap for my 30 year old Welsh -D gelding who unfortunately has remembered every trick in the book that he has learned over the years - and is now passing on this 'wisdom' to my youngster. He can still bronc with the best of them, races the four-year old to the gate to try and come into the yard first and charges at the gate if he doesn't get his own way. He has limited to no herd instinct - although he did attack our neighbour's stallion one day when it had the cheek to look across the fence at HIS herd. He has a violent dislike of most vets but loves our foot trimmer. I wish I could say they improve with age, but experience says not. Couldn't even swap him for custard creams - he would eat the lot!

Tess Love

Visit site
Aww you love him really every Welshie I know (and I know quite a few) seems to be free to a good home OR just any home at the moment. Spring fever will be gone soon and the Welshies we all know and love for all those hundreds of good reasons will be back soon!

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
I wish I could say they improve with age, but experience says not. Couldn't even swap him for custard creams - he would eat the lot!

Oh no don't say that!! I did heard a rumour when I bought him that they don't mature with age, I didn't beleive it at the time but I do now!

Aww you love him really every Welshie I know (and I know quite a few) seems to be free to a good home OR just any home at the moment. Spring fever will be gone soon and the Welshies we all know and love for all those hundreds of good reasons will be back soon!

Hehe yes I think us Welsh D owners are all at the end of our tethers at the moment! He's just impossible, I can't even reason with him; I'm nicey nicey and he's a monkey, so I'm strict and tell him off and he's still a monkey. Might as well just chuck him in a field and leave him until Summer sets in - less hassle but then I'd end up with a pony the size of a house! :D

DirectorFury

Visit site
Swap you for a 5yo Sec D mare who's currently in season and has just shredded her second muzzle already?

Bringing her in this evening was very similar to flying a horse-shaped kite, I think I need to increase the amount of work she's getting!

lurcherlu

Visit site
Swap you for a 5yo Sec D mare who's currently in season and has just shredded her second muzzle already?

Bringing her in this evening was very similar to flying a horse-shaped kite, I think I need to increase the amount of work she's getting!
Those horse shaped kites are brilliant aren't they , mines shaped like a Welsh d x appaloosa that was meant to mature at 14.2 HH I have a nearly 16hh kite now ;) I'm 5foot nothing and when my kite flies it goes really hi , yesterday I even managed to ride my kite in full flight ;)

Il raise you on the offers , mint chocolate flavoured butter creams, one half of a dog chewed biscuit , a wet pull up and a springer spaniel that you can play any song you want by poking him in his sleep , poke a different rib for a different note , he needs to eat 2 pairs of reading glasses a week to survive tho

Tess Love

Visit site

Hehehe mine was an angel this evening but went back to help a friend and was dragged along by a horse shaped kite too, brilliant analogy. I'm sure my right arm is a couple of inches longer than it was!

Tess Love

Visit site
Hehe yes I think us Welsh D owners are all at the end of our tethers at the moment! He's just impossible, I can't even reason with him; I'm nicey nicey and he's a monkey, so I'm strict and tell him off and he's still a monkey. Might as well just chuck him in a field and leave him until Summer sets in - less hassle but then I'd end up with a pony the size of a house! :D

It's so frustrating they really do get the devil in them sometimes. There's 6 of them on my yard all in close proximity of each other. I'm sure they hatch a plan between them of how to drives the humans round the twist, I swear there's a prize for the one who reduces their owner to tears. What's the betting the prize is food too!

PollyP99

Visit site
My d is also being a tit, this morning decided she was head shy (she's not) and freaked as I put her head collar over her ears, bronced off up the field me in work clothes as I was going to be quick had to scoot after her and of course second time she just let me do it! Yesterday she spooked at a parked car, she never moves at juggernauts normally, hate spring grassy kookiness !

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
I'm laughing so much at all these now!! I was seriously close to angry tears tonight - he was impossible. So another livery (who schools horses for a living) came to my aid, she rode out the worst part of his tantrum while I stood in the corner and took deep breaths. He was even a nightmare for her too. He calmed down after about a further 20mins and then I got back on. So all in all he did over and hour or schooling today at 100mph!

buddylove

Visit site
I can swap you for the porky welsh sec a which is currently screaming his head off as he has been shut in because he is too porky! Joyfully the field shelter is outside my bedroom window, lots of sleep for me tonight! 😤

Lammy

Visit site
I'll also swap you for an in season chestnut Welsh D, a rising 2 ISH who thinks he still has his bits, a grumpy 16hh Connemara and an 18 year old 13.2hh pony mare with a death wish. My attempt to bring them into their night time paddocks last night to give them a break from the grass ended up with me staring (cursing) after their particularly fat behinds as they raced across the rest of the paddocks.
The randy two year old then starts mounting the connie gelding...oh I despair! Someone take them!

Doormouse

Visit site
I will swop all mine for yours! This morning, my hunter who is supposed to be on holiday did his best to destroy the summer grazing trampling up and down in his haste to come in out of the, in his opinion, dreadful weather, my 4 year old smacked me on the head spooking at my daughters 'umbrolly' as she calls it, which she had helpfully abandoned by the gate, her elderly pony made a break for freedom and escaped bucking and farting into the big field, the young pony escaped 3 times from its beautiful stable I had arranged for it to get out of the wind and rain and my old tb refused to be caught. I had to be at work for 9 and needed a shower first, needless to say I was late!

Mike007

Visit site
get away from welsh ,swop for my ID . You will never get bored . Jumps anything . Perhaps I should also say he jumps anything!. Badminton ,pah . Jumps for loosers in his book. Accidentaly point him at a blind hedge and expect to go. Great fun and entertainment. far better than your dull old welshie who I promiss to care for and treasure (as he will probably have saved my life)

Lauren_abigail

Visit site
I'm so glad to hear it's not just mine that has become a complete lunatic over the past couple of weeks!

Jack is also Welsh D (with a bit of warmblood in him) - He has been coming in from the field on his back legs all week. I couldn't be arsed to ride last night so stuck him in the pessoa when he decided to grow 3 hands and leap about snorting like a dragon. He suddenly became very 'welsh' with lots of flashy high knee action, then attempted to jump the fence of the school to get to the mares in the field next door :mad4:

Depending on how the ride goes tonight, he may also be up for sale for the price of 50p and a bag of skips!

Annagain

Visit site
Oh no don't say that!! I did heard a rumour when I bought him that they don't mature with age, I didn't beleive it at the time but I do now!

They NEVER grow up. A few days before by old boy died (unexpectedly of colic) at 27 I was hacking him. He was semi retired due to arthritis in his knees and we only hacked gently in walk only to try to control his weight as he would jump electric fencing, climb out of his stable and destroy muzzles in 5 minutes flat. We'd been out about 15 minutes when we reached a T junction - a left turn would take us home in 5 minutes; a right turn would take us round the larger block so we'd be out another 30. I asked him to turn right. He reared up, turned left and we were home in 2. I love that this was the last time I rode him, sums him up to a T!

DirectorFury

Visit site
Mine is now free to a bad home after another horse-kite impression that ended with a broken head collar.

She's normally a paragon of virtue, I'm looking forward to the spring-grass craziness passing. She's got a magnesium lick but is ignoring it.

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Mine is now free to a bad home after another horse-kite impression that ended with a broken head collar.

She's normally a paragon of virtue, I'm looking forward to the spring-grass craziness passing. She's got a magnesium lick but is ignoring it.

Oh dear - bad pony!! Mine was actually really really good tonight. Hacked him first for 30 mins around village and then tackled the dreaded school again where all the drama happened last night. Was tentatively waiting for a buck or a fart about but nothing happened!! He was a star :) Probably luring me into a false sense of security so I swap his haynet back to hayledge again but not going to happen!

ponies4ever

Visit site
Would swap for a simply delightful cob to have on the ground (this one is most definitely not a kite) she is capable of extremely comfortable handstands and is an ace at destroying jumps and galloping down hills. Could offer you two breaking bridles