Buyer Frustration

bandit

Visit site
As some may know, my horse is for sale as a hack / hunter etc - he's competed with me, but i'm not selling him as a competition horse, and as he's had the summer off, he's not the fittest, and he has a naturally very laid back attitude...

anyway - one person came on sunday to see him, and she apprently has been looking for months for hte right horse, and then before she even got on him, said she only had £3k for a horse but was looking a '£7k - £8k horse'.... What the F*ck!!!

felt like telling her, i'd really like a porcshe but make do iwth my daihatsu 'roller-skate'!!

why are buyers so stupid????

Bx

bandit

Visit site
yeah - i get your point, but to an extent a horse more than 1/2 the price she is looking at is not going to be the bargain she wants!!! it's just wasting my time....

hopefully someone who enjoys hacking and the odd sponsored ride will turn up at my door soon....

he ain't ever going to do grand prix dressage or turn up @ Badminton in 2007!!!

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Right ok, you will probably shoot me down in flames for this but, £7-8k for a "hack to do odd sponsored rides on" that is currently unfit seems an awful lot of money to me
crazy.gif
But if that is what he is worth then I do think that this person is a timewaster/joyrider. I only went to look at horses in my price range as I didn't want to find the "perfect" one and it be 3k out of my budget. Its always worth haggling but trying to knock 4 grand off the price is a bit unrealistic!

horsegirl

Visit site
Perhaps she wants a horse that she can school/work to improve (doesn't everyone?) rather than a "ready made" horse, what's wrong with that? I don't know why she told you though, that bit is stupid!

moocow

Visit site
Sorry but maybe I am being really skin flint-y here but 8 grand for a hack????? i know you said he has competed but if you are selling him as a hack.....8K??? I presume thats sterling as well........Am I missing something? Totally agree that if youa re selling your horse at one price and then the person coming to see him doesn't even have half the money to spend its a waste of time....... but 8K for a hack????
confused.gif

burtie

Visit site
May be I misread but I thought Bandit was looking for £3k for her horse and the girl just wanted to find a bargain, hoping it would turn out to be an £8k horse in disguise when she arrived?
confused.gif
A bit annoying for Bandit but quite amusing the buyer came out and actually sadi that!!

vicm2509

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
May be I misread but I thought Bandit was looking for £3k for her horse and the girl just wanted to find a bargain, hoping it would turn out to be an £8k horse in disguise when she arrived?
confused.gif
A bit annoying for Bandit but quite amusing the buyer came out and actually sadi that!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think thats what Bandit meant aswell.

I cant believe the girl said that though, how hard faced can a person be? I really hope the right buyer comes along soon
smile.gif

bandit

Visit site
you can all shoot me down in flames coz you've all misunderstood - apart from Burtie...

My boy who is a hack / hunter is for sale for £3500, and buyer turned up hoping i'd underpriced him by about £4k and that he was a superstar really worth £8k and i didn't know it!!!

this is him....

ludo-last-meet.jpg

MagicMelon

Visit site
Oh god, some can be such morons. I had one who came out, rode my warmblood and loved him but then said afterwards "I cant afford him, would you bring the price right down?" UHHH NO YOU TOTAL TIMEWASTER!!

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
why are buyers so stupid????

[/ QUOTE ]
'Cos everybody wants a bargain & it is basic human nature for them to think they will be able to see the hidden potential in something that the poor twit of an owner (who may well have owned the horse for several years! lol) just hasn't picked up on!

Your horse looks lovely btw - a really nice sort!