Buyer not collecting horse?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Had a call today from the 'owner' - she was dreadfully apologetic and says she was really not herself for a week being ill with covid. She says she will collect him tomorrow morning! So, all of that drama over nothing, sorry guys!! Thanks for the help though

I won't hold my breath, but I will have my fingers crossed!

Winters100

Visit site
Had a call today from the 'owner' - she was dreadfully apologetic and says she was really not herself for a week being ill with covid. She says she will collect him tomorrow morning! So, all of that drama over nothing, sorry guys!! Thanks for the help though

How very strange that the friend who sent a text saying that the buyer could just not cope with speaking to you did not pass on this information. If I was in this situation I would be asking my friend 'please tell the seller that I have covid and ask if they can kindly keep the horse for a couple or weeks' not 'please tell the seller that I cannot cope with speaking to them'. Sorry to say it makes me wonder if she is being truthful. If you had received a message that the buyer was suffering from covid, very unwell but not in hospital, then I am quite sure that you would have been happy to agree to keep the horse for her for a couple of weeks.

Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
It does seem strange, but I wonder if perhaps her friend didn't manage the situation well enough and that has caused greater confusion. I can say that when I had covid, I was not well enough to even text someone who wasn't immediate family, so I can see why there was a period of radio silence followed by someone else trying to sort out a situation that they don't fully understand. Provided the horse is collected today, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. Fingers crossed for you OP!

jay2bee

Visit site
Sorry to keep you all waiting.

Couple of things first… no I’m not a troll, this is a relatively new username because I lost the password to my old one which was JDChaser.

Secondly, what other contact details would I have got? I sell a few horses a year, ex-racers I take on through my job as a racing head lass. Usually I get a phone call, they see the horse, they buy it or don’t. I don’t get their address or whatever because why would I need to?! Why is that weird. I’ve bought horses before from people who only had my first name and not even a phone number.

Thirdly… She didn’t turn up! Texted half an hour after she was meant to be there to say she still wasn’t well enough. I’ve replied to say unfortunately I can’t wait anymore, send me your bank details so I can refund you. No reply. I’ll call the bank tomorrow and ask them to refund it, I’m assuming they can.

kc921

Visit site
Must admit, if I sold my horse and someone messed me about like this I wouldn't be selling to them at all.
Huge red flags and I wouldn't want them near him!
She's messed you about so much, well done to you for keeping your cool, hope you are able to refund the money tomorrow and sell the horse to a lovely owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.