Buyer not collecting horse?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lipglosspukka

Visit site
Perhaps I confused the issue by using the term 'charge back's incorrectly? So is something similar possible with a bank transfer but just has different terminology?

Yes but No. Banks can work together to return funds in certain cases. As a general rule, bank transfers are guaranteed funds.

I really wouldn't stress.

Last edited:

nutjob

Visit site
Perhaps I confused the issue by using the term 'charge back's incorrectly? So is something similar possible with a bank transfer but just has different terminology?
I'll try to explain it with my own example.

I paid a deposit on a horse. The dealer then decided to sell the horse to someone else and keep my deposit - £500. I phoned CAB as I wanted the dealer reported to trading stds and I assumed the only way to get my money back was via small claims court. CAB advised me to first try a charge back on the bank transfer as the transaction was part of a scam. I called my banks fraud dept and made a lengthy statement. They agreed to try a charge back which pulls the money back out of the scammers account. The scammers bank contacts them to get their version of things before just sending the money back. In my case it was clear that the dodgy dealer was operating a specific 'scammer account' so that as soon as the funds reached their account they were moved on immediately to another account from where they couldn't be pulled. The dodgy account was immediately frozen as Santander who were the scammers banks reviewed how the account was being operated - ie in line with scamming not like a normal business account. My bank has sent me a 2 page letter explaining how this works. So I am now in small claims, not because there is no charge back process but because the dealer rarely had other than zero in the account except for a short time period before transferring the funds on. I know from folks who have contacted me on fb that he is now asking for horses to be paid for into someone else's account as his scammer account is frozen.

jt1775

Visit site
I’d like to take the chance to explain my side of this story. To have it told is publically is really upsetting, Jo you might as well have just put my name everywhere and as you are part of an influential racing family in this area I feel embarrassed to be in the horse world here now.

The reasons I didn’t get the horse in the end were yes I was very ill and still am. Plus you didn’t tell me he had been a racehorse , I thought he had only done hunting professionally. I didn’t want a racehorse and struggled with whether to try and ask for a refund or to go ahead with it despite my trepidation. I only realised when my friend told me he had been a racehorse for two years , you advertised him as a hunt horse? I paid 9 thousand pounds which my friends now tell me is a ridiculous amount of money for an ex racer and I think I was taken for a mug in that regard. I struggle with confrontation so decided to wait until I was feeling better before making a proper decision on whether to go ahead with the purchase . I did avoid calls I admit because again I was ill and don’t like confrontation and hadn’t yet made a proper decision. Have some empathy!!!

Lipglosspukka

Visit site
I’d like to take the chance to explain my side of this story. To have it told is publically is really upsetting, Jo you might as well have just put my name everywhere and as you are part of an influential racing family in this area I feel embarrassed to be in the horse world here now.

The reasons I didn’t get the horse in the end were yes I was very ill and still am. Plus you didn’t tell me he had been a racehorse , I thought he had only done hunting professionally. I didn’t want a racehorse and struggled with whether to try and ask for a refund or to go ahead with it despite my trepidation. I only realised when my friend told me he had been a racehorse for two years , you advertised him as a hunt horse? I paid 9 thousand pounds which my friends now tell me is a ridiculous amount of money for an ex racer and I think I was taken for a mug in that regard. I struggle with confrontation so decided to wait until I was feeling better before making a proper decision on whether to go ahead with the purchase . I did avoid calls I admit because again I was ill and don’t like confrontation and hadn’t yet made a proper decision. Have some empathy!!!

She refunded you. You didn't voice these concerns to her by the sounds of things. She hasn't mentioned your name on here. Where's your beef?

bonny

Visit site

Wow, you were prepared to spend that kind of money without doing any research or having the horse vetted ? I smell a rat

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Oh dear what a can of worms this thread has turned into! Jt1775 you have not been identified on here at all, except for a couple of very minor clues in your own post.

I do agree with with further information, as always there is another side to this story and although I don't think you handled backing out of the sale very well. But certainly understand able given your explanation.

Perhaps best for both parties to take this whole sorry situation to a more appropriate privaterr discussion?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
No point on the ad does it say ex racehorse!!!

It does, it says Ex National Hunt. Plus, there appears to be a photo of the horse out racing.

All very peculiar. More mysterious after your post, as I don't think your identity had been revealed at all!

Nice looking horse, BTW, OP.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
No point on the ad does it say ex racehorse!!!

Stop digging and be grateful you got a refund.

Ex national hunt means race horse who raced under national hunt rules. The horse is pictured with a jockey on wearing racing silks.

You were very lucky that a seller allowed you to back out of this deal so easily.

Please, for your own sake, stop this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.