Buyers taking the P*ss....

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Just by chance as my mare is not advertised, I had someone come down to look at my young mare at weekend (fully knowing her history and recent problem), lunged her and even rode her, even though shes not supposed to be yet after back treatment. Couldnt have fauted her and she went the best she had in a long time...

well we offered girly to her at price of £1500 which even thought with her problems, we thought was a sensible price. To my horror today, she has made an offer of £800, talk about taking the pee....I could take her to a dealer and get more then that!!! And i'm fully aware that she works in connection with a dealer so is more then likly to school her on and sell her for double what she pays!!

Am I being ridiculous thinking £800 (oh including rugs/bridle) is taking the micky, would at least expect £1200. what do you think?

P.S She is a 7yr DWxTB bay mare, 16.1, just getting over a sacriolic injury.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
If you don't ask you don't get........................
wink.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Tell her to stick it!!!

You haven't even advertised her yet so will probably get a much better price off of someone else who is willing to offer her a lovely home and not sell her on again.

spike123

Visit site
£1500 is a reasonable price assuming she is expected to make a full recovery from her injury.My old horse had sacroilliac problems and I ended up selling her as a happy hacker for £1200 including tack.In her case she was sound as long as she was allowed plenty of time to warm up and remained on the cortaflex I had always used with her. This year however she has been diagnosed with joint problems as a result of her sacroilliac problems and is now on majorly expensive medication and injections to keep her sound.If that fails she will be put to sleep. It really depends what the injury was to her sacroilliac joint as to whether she will return to full work again and even if she does she may not be able to jump at the heights she could previously which means her value will be unlikely to increase to much more than you are selling her.I do think these people are trying it on knowing that they will make a profit on her at £800 but are unlikely to make much if any profit at £1500 given her injury. I had alot of interest in my mare when I sold her and I had her advertised at £1500 ono stating her injury in the advert.I would hang on as you will definitely get more than £800 for her.

samp

Visit site
I sol dmy horse was £1200 and he had been diagnosed with sacro-iliac problems at 10yo, he went on to BSJA, XC the works - so I do not think you are asking too much

MrsMagoo

Visit site
The vets expect her to be back to normal after the 6wks of steroids and work...Like i said this women came and rode her (just walk/trot) for first time since being diagnosed and ive never seen her go soo nice..kind of made me feel bad for selling her, althogh if im honest with myself i havnt got time to bring her on aswell as ride/sj my other girly...

she only had a minor injury to left side sacriolic joint....

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I would say just hang in there if you can! I'm sure the right person with £1500 will come along very soon!

I'm so glad she is going so well and well on the mend!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
They made a low offer....so what...you don't have to sell the horse to them. You just say no thanks I was looking for more money than that.....as simple as that. If they ask what the minimum you would take for her then tell them & again they either buy or they don't. I can't see the problem, you can always wait for another buyer.
confused.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Oh i dont have a problem with them making an offer and I have no intention of just letting her go....BUT...when they knew the asking price, came and viewed her then offered almost half the price...that I see as taking the P*ss!!!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
if you think she is worth more then refuse their offer. However, if you cannot afford to hang onto her and she has a "problem" not everyone will take that type of issue on. You have to be sensible sometimes and go with the need!!

As you say this girl has dealer as a friend so wouldnt be wanting to let horsey go anywhere near her.....even if you were going to let her go that cheap, surely to a nicer home?

mrsbloggett

Visit site
sorry, but the "buyer" was offering what she thought was a good price, bearing in mind you horse has physical problems. I can't image any vet guarantee-ing that a horse will recover from an injury. If you have time to wait for possible recovery from the injury then hold out for your £1500, otherwise let her go for a song. Please remember that if a potential purchaser wants to have your mare vetted prior to purchase you will need to declare that she has had problems.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Oh yeh I wouldnt and never to hide things, to aware that things can come back and bite you in the arse!! lol
smile.gif
This women has had full access to vet notes and discussions with vet....