buying a horse - any reccomended sellers in the South of England?

darksecret99

Visit site
I am planning to buy a horse, but I am based in Guernsey so my options for buying locally are very limited! I will be making a trip to England to try out and hopefully find a horse to buy in March. but, since time will be limited I am trying to do some research in advance so I dont end up going to see a load of dodgy traders and wasting my trip!!!!!

I will be looking at magazine/web ads and have got some reccomendations from friends, but does anyone have any reccomendations (or warnings!) for private or trade sellers who are based in the south of England?

The type of horse I am looking for is a 6-8 year old, 16.1 - 17.1hh middleweight all rounder - personality more important than breeding!

Thanks!

Rambo

Visit site
www.rowebucksporthorses.com

Ignore the cr@ppy website, it's well out of date, but the phone number is important lol!

He always has a selection of really nice horses at sensible prices and gives you a full after sales service too if you want it
smile.gif

I've never seen a bad horse come from lets put it that way...

samp

Visit site
Also Prestwood stud in Charlwood, they are quite expensive but nice quality horses. You have European Sports Horses based in Rusper - sTeve Lamb.
I personally would not touch - blackboys stud, Rapkyns, Cheswick Stud, Southgate Farm - I have heard/ seen dodgy horses here

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I personally would not touch - blackboys stud, Rapkyns, Cheswick Stud, Southgate Farm - I have heard/ seen dodgy horses here

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically, you aren't allowed to say that as it's deemed a defammatory post
frown.gif
Crazy really, as we can recommend all we like...even if there is no basis to our recommendations
shocked.gif

seaofdreams

Visit site
rowebuck sporthorses were fantasic when i went and extreamly helpfull, there horses were immacualtey (sp?) turned out, and allthough nothing i tried was right for me, i would definitly go back.