buying clippers off ebay

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
If you paid by paypal you would put in an "item not as described" claim, assuming the clippers had been listed as working. There's never any guarantee you'd win though. I would want to collect and see them plugged in and switched on before parting with any money.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I sold some last year. I did a short video clip of them switched on with the newspaper from the day I listed them showing so they could see it was recent. I didn't post the video, just put it was available to see if anyone wanted to.

If there's some you're interested in it might be worth asking.

Dusty85

Visit site
Ive bought a pair of Liveryman Arena ones last year from eBay. If they were listed as working in perfect order and they don't work then you should be able to get your money back if there is a problem (eBay seems to be very good at siding with the buyer on most disputes anyway).
See if you can get a pair that have been serviced not long ago, or come with a recent service receipt.

Shear Ease

www.sheareaseltd.com
If the listing sais they are in working order and they are not then you will get a refund. Ebay will bail you out even if the seller won't.

If you got them at bargain price and want to get them working then I can talk you through a diagnosis on this here forum if you want...