buying from ireland.

darris

Visit site
hello,
anyone with recent experiance doing the above.looking for a oversized connie for grand daughter.Will fly
over to see @ test drive before purchase.Other than Irish Sport Equine i would not know where to start.
thankyou

Mule

Visit site
I don't know but you could send a message to JanetGeorge. She's on this forum. I believe she imports horses from Ireland so she would have contacts.
Because I live in Ireland I know a couple of people but they deal in eventers.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
hello,
anyone with recent experiance doing the above.looking for a oversized connie for grand daughter.Will fly
over to see @ test drive before purchase.Other than Irish Sport Equine i would not know where to start.
thankyou

Do a search on Irish Sport Equine before you consider buying from them.

Any reason you want to come to Ireland to look, and not find something closer to home (and probably more established)?

Shay

Visit site
Lots of people import this type - why not buy from a reputatble dealer in the UK? You'll save transport and accommodation costs looking, and you'll benefit from UK legislation. Buying direct may look cheaper on the price ticket - but once you factor in costs to search, regulatory compliance, transport costs and the risks if things don't go so well any saving is pretty much negated.

Mahoganybay

Visit site
What’s the reason for buying from a dealer in Ireland rather than here in the UK?

A friends recent experience is not working out so well, in that the horses was not as described, the reputable dealer would not refund money and would only swap for another horse.

Second horse was lame, that too has gone back to Ireland and she is now having to go down the s0liciotor route to get money back. Not good ☹️

irishdraft

Visit site
I don't think irish sport equine will allow you to view they are online dealer only be careful how you proceed with them . Plenty of irish / Connie types in this country even then it's buyer beware but at least it's a great deal closer.